Nanaplaza Fantasy Football League

Long Gun

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

Giggsy and Van Nistelrooy are an irresistable combination but why didn't they go out and bury Sunderland in the second half?

This was so predictably one-sided that I kept the Man Utd players in my fantasy team just to ease the pain! The half-time chat among my 2 Makem mates and myself was basically about the highest ever score in the Premier, our record loss to United etc, etc. I thought double figures was a good bet and I'm not sure why it didn't happen though one factor was that Sunderland changed their tactics and played 4-4-2 instead of that stupid 5-4-1 which nobody seems to understand. They were more solid and did get forward a bit more.

The other interesting thing was that Ferguson wrote a lengthy piece in support of Peter Reid, in the Utd programme or the local press, and I do wonder whether he told them to take it easy and not hasten Reid's departure.

One moan/query. When Varga gave away the free kick which lead to Beckham's goal, the original offence was clearly obstruction = indirect free kick (if that, Giggs just ran into Varga) but after the ref moved the wall forward (funny to see Beckham complaining that it was too near to the goal!) it mysteriously beame a direct kick. Is that part of the rules or did the ref just forget?

It was nice to see Phillips finally scoring in front of Sven (though it cost me 9 points!), who has stated that he has him watched at every game, though I suspect that just meant he has observers at every Premier League game anyway.

LG

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived