Nanaplaza Fantasy Football League

Long Gun

Longgun,

I can not find anything about snow in the rules but i assume that ;;

No points for Middlesbrough and Fulham players this week, unless of course you have your auto subs turned on and can get a sub or two in your squad.

I am now going to have to study the weather reports in England more closely,another few more hours a week gone down the drain to this fu#@%ing game,

Catch you at the living room for the big match tomorrow ,

Racha,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe it!!!

There was me, plodding along thinking my footie-type blokes might do OK in the Nana Plaza Leage when bugger me with bells on if they are not top of their league!

I am Ron Manager and I demand the Scotland job!!!

Jing Jing Groover FC - I am proud of you all. (OK, it is the second division - I was too late for the first, and there are only five teams etc.......)

Does this mean I can aim for promotion Sir Long Gun??

Ron Manager aka Groover

quote:

Originally posted by Groover:

There was me, plodding along thinking my footie-type blokes might do OK in the Nana Plaza Leage when bugger me with bells on if they are not top of their league!

Ahh, but remember the standings for this week are only provisional as there is still the Southampton v Liverpool game next week to be included. Having packed my side with Liverpool players I am praying they finally start living up to their reputation. Having seen the Saints destroy Chelsea I am beginning to wish I had bought a load of them! Cheaper too!!

BTW, Groover, what is the name of the other league - without knowing your e-mail I can't find it, the search facilitites in there are piss poor. Anyway, well done, we are all very proud of you!! I think our dear departed Froggy probably still has the edge though!

LG

Come on you Saints! I actually had Beattie in my original team and then changed my mind when he was kept on the bench at the start of the season.

Liverpool? Boring scouse gits! Now that the Houllier Effect as worn off, they are now under the guidance of Pinochio himself. When Owen leaves hs boots at home or has a bad game, they struggle.....

The other league? Well I think it is Nanaplaza 2 to be honest....after I saw your original link, I went to register but the league was full. Another board member created Div 2 so I play there....

****Anyway, well done, we are all very proud of you!! I think our dear departed Froggy probably still has the edge though!

In the div 2? Nah....I am well ahead. Defoe and Van The Man up front....very Groovy!

Groover

laugh.gif" border="0

The league is nanaplaza2 and can be found under the Public League (Thailand) function. What is the Div 1 that you guys play in called? Is it too late to jump up? blush.gif" border="0)

Groover laugh.gif" border="0

Now that my world and local rankings are falling faster than a chained mafia hit on the way down to the bottom of the ocean, I thought I could weigh in on the prize money issue without being labelled as biased. Since it now appears that one of many nanaplaza members are positioned to take home first prize, I think the prize issue needs to be revisited.

Over the past several months, several posters, with our fearless Long Gun at the healm, have suggested splitting the prize money up into first, second, third, etc. I remained silent as my then significant lead made it hard for me to make a comment that anyone might take as neutral.

In sum, my take on the prize issue is that a bet is a bet. We all entered into this knowing exactly what the rules and prizes were - in essence, it was a twelve (or so) person handshake. Now, to change the rules of the game mid-campaign is, well, poor sportsmanship (at least poor gaming).

My vote, then, and this is said with the feeling that I may well end up third or fourth in the nanaplaza league, is that we should keep the terms of the wager as they were originally set forth to all of us. In other words, winner take all the money.

As for the Phuket trip, that was not a part of our original wager, so my vote is that it should be left to the kind provider of the trip to decide.

There, I have said my peace... ...

and all this during a week when Arsenal was postponed, thus providing me with nothing for my two key players. The slide continues.

Cheers,

froggo

quote:

Originally posted by Groover:

The league is nanaplaza2 and can be found under the Public League (Thailand) function. What is the Div 1 that you guys play in called? Is it too late to jump up?

Groover

As you have less points than me, you can join (yes, I noticed you didn't start till week 4!)

The league is private and we did have the full compliment of 50 members but due to financial irregularities (he has too much money!) Soi Angel has been forced to stand down and take his team with him - the only team with a sniff of catching Froggy!! (Could his 'show me the money' post have been better timed?!?)

Anyway, to join the league you need the code which I will PM to you now. Welcome to the home of the big boys!

LG

quote:

Originally posted by frogpatrol:

My vote, then, and this is said with the feeling that I may well end up third or fourth in the nanaplaza league, is that we should keep the terms of the wager as they were originally set forth to all of us. In other words, winner take all the money.

Aye, that's fair enough, Froggy. Please let me know when you will be back from the US so I can arrange my flight out for the week before! Actually, as administrator, I have just deleted you from the league anyway!!

LG

quote:

Originally posted by frogpatrol:

As for the Phuket trip, that was not a part of our original wager, so my vote is that it should be left to the kind provider of the trip to decide.

Cheers,

froggo

Hi Froggo the trip should go to the winner as it is printed on the voucher i gave to Longgun, I also agree with you that it was decided winner take all for the cash, and now the mighty voice of Longgun has spoken out that it shall stand, I still think you are the red hot favourite to win it Froggo but Bangkok Phil and a few others are breathing down your neck just waiting for you and Arsenal to Fu@#k up. I also have not given up all hope as we are only at the half way mark and now i take the day off on Fridays just to study the Teams and the snow reports in England as well so i expect to climb even closer this week as i have still got Owen and Anelka going for my team tomorrow as what must be considered bonus points.

Here is the original post below, re-the prize,

I think I also posted after somewhere that I would also give an extra scuba dive making it 2 dives each instead of only 1dive each, If someone can find that post it would be appreciated as i cant remember were it was and the search engine has not helped me find it either,

Original post

Hi Guys,

I will offer to the winner a trip for two people to Racha island which is located 23 kilometres off Phuket island. The trip will be from Phuket so the winner can use some the prize money to buy the flight or bus tickets to Phuket or I can also drive the winner there if they arrange it with me as I drive down there quiet often.

The winner will receive 3 nights air-conditioned accommodation for two with breakfast included.Boat transfers to and from Phuket to Racha.I will also throw in a scuba dive for each person free as well.

Not included is lunch,dinner and drinks.

To check out the prize http://www.rayadivers.com

Goodluck everyone

Racha

• 2 weeks later...

Archived