Nanaplaza Fantasy Football League

Long Gun

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very clever, Long Gun, to sneak in 2 matches with Solano/Newcastle. You received double miles, so to speak, while the Frogs and likley many other clubs only received points for one match.

From now on, I will look at the fixtures more carefully, and specifically pay more attention to Monday fixtures.

Lesson learned the hard way!

Well done, Long Gun.

By the way, I am 50/50 for Friday night at Woodstock...feeling quite under the weather at the moment, but please give me a ring on my mobile anyhow, okay?

Froggo

quote:

Originally posted by frogpatrol:

Very clever, Long Gun, to sneak in 2 matches with Solano/Newcastle. You received double miles, so to speak, while the Frogs and likley many other clubs only received points for one match.

Yes, but it is a terrible thing to have to sell one's soul for the merest sniff of B5000 and a trip to Racha Island (current pot - should be a few more purples in there if folks are true to their word!) Came into work and was told that Nobby had got a hat trick and nearly shat myself, but even so, actually feeling excited by a Solano goal and a clean sheet for the scum is something which will haunt me for the rest of my days.

LG

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to find out when each new fantasy league week ENDS, versus begins? Is the only way to wait until the weekly email update, which comes at the final hour?

Long Gun - good chance I will be at the Living Room on Sat. The new Mrs. Frog will likely pass as she has other appointments. Hope you enjoyed the wedding - have some great photos of you with about 30 lovely lasses.

froggo

Please do not tell me that you feel you could score more points.

I find that you can obtain earlier information re fixtures etc on the 'My Team' page where the team is listed.

On the upper right hand side is a link 'obtain latest fixture,injury and suspension news' That will provide team by team fixtures.

However it has obviously done nothing to help me climb up the league

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: phiketpete ]

quote:

Does anyone know how to find out when each new fantasy league week ENDS, versus begins? Is the only way to wait until the weekly email update, which comes at the final hour?

Long Gun - good chance I will be at the Living Room on Sat. The new Mrs. Frog will likely pass as she has other appointments. Hope you enjoyed the wedding - have some great photos of you with about 30 lovely lasses.

froggo

The week ends after the last of the midweek games. The 'fixtures/suspensions/injuries' bit tells you which games will be included in that week. This week nobody plays two games. Last week I had FIVE players playing twice and still did shite whereas anybody you sign suddenly hits form - unbelievable consistency! This week I came home late and drunk and when the football was finished on TV and I checked the results I went a bit mad. Woke up to find I had made another 7 transfers! Have dropped both of my Arsenal players for tomorrow's game as they will obviously get thrashed! Did I hear that Thierry had 'picked up a knock' on Wednesday? Or was I dreaming?

Hope to see you there, Froggy, MM and I enjoyed the wedding a lot as I posted somewhere else on this board. Will look forward to seeing the photos although I can't remember how I ended up in them apart from one where I sneaked in from behind before they took it! I eventually fell asleep in DC-10, apparently, but the suit was getting some very welcome attention up to that point! Let me know next time you get married!

LG

Actually I'm beginning to really enjoy all the strategy involved with the FF league.

Out for a recent meal with Phiket Pete, I told him that I had come up with a 'system'

I've employed the system for two weeks now and the first week I scored 51 points which beat everyone. In the second week only 3 teams bettered my score - unfortunately one of them was Froggy who I think is now uncatchable.

Still, I'm enjoying my dramatic ascent up the league. I was 16th but I've had to make 4 transfers for Saturday and dropped a little.

Thanks Pete and Long Gun for the information. The tactics involved in this game are becoming more evident with each passing week, aren't they? Good fun for all.

Very curious about Bangkok Phil's secret "system"......as well as about LG's 7 transfers!!

Long Gun - will search for your "Frog wedding" post as I must have missed it. Perhaps not surprisingly, virtually every wedding photo I have of you is of you standing behind groups of about ten to fifteen ladies. The sheepish grin on your face is worthy of a poster. Very amusing, really.

Cheers, and hope that all in the nanaplaza league score well this weekend. Well, most of us, anyhow....

froggo

quote:

Cheers, and hope that all in the nanaplaza league score well this weekend. Well, most of us, anyhow....

Yeeeessssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Gun - 40, FrogPatrol - 33!! The comeback begins ....... Perfect irony - 2 of my players didn't play so the computer subbed in the 2 Gooners I had left out against Sunderland and they gave me 3 extra points!!!

LG

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

Archived