arrival - catching a cab upstairs.

nutsack

Oh fer fuck's sake, just catch a cab from the Public Taxi stands at doors 3 or 10 on the arrivals level!!! Why the fuck do you want to do the arrivals thing? To save B50?

Using the public taxi, the most I have had to wait is...30 seconds. Could hardly be more easy and convenient.

Also, if you are hungry, a minute away from the cafeteria where all the airport staff eat. A good meal for 50 baht and plenty of eye candy.

Hard to beat!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh fer fuck's sake' date=' just catch a cab from the Public Taxi stands at doors 3 or 10 on the arrivals level!!! Why the fuck do you want to do the arrivals thing? To save B50? If so, just do all farangs a favour and stay home cuz you obviously can't afford to be here and you make us all look bad...

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

Do I make you look bad when I only pay 1000 bt ST? :neener:

No, because yours are men in dresses :neener:

a couple of reasons to go upstairs: you can select your car whereas in the public queue you have to take the one available, sometimes a wreck. There is no queue and you can bargain for long distances ( sometimes i need to drive a couple of hundfred kms and gof good deals from upstairs).

I don't like waiting and that's one of the reasons I gave up "limos" (hhmmm...sorry...toyota camry...) . Each time seemed to spend 10mns waiting for the car in the outside heat.

There is no queue and you can bargain for long distances ( sometimes i need to drive a couple of hundfred kms and gof good deals from upstairs).

DN......are you saying you can bargain a driver to a price lower than what the meter would show after that trip? I would very seriously doubt a driver is so stupid he would accept less than a metered trip.

Agree with DS......upstairs is no bargain, it's more of a hassle as opposed to just telling the taxi downstairs where to go and paying what you see on the meter + 50B.

Dull,

I never waited more than 3 minutes.

These are registered taxis, driver and car not older than 3 years, no wrecks, you even get a card with driver's license and tel number to complain if anything goes wrong. Never had a problem with a taxi from airport taxi stand, except once: had to pick up something from a friend on On Nut and move on to Suk. Driver was unwilling to wait 5 min at On Nut, he got my bags out and asked his money. He missed out on the extra 100B I planned to give him for his patience he obviously did not have. Took less than a min to catch one of the 25 taxis passing by in the same minute.

Oh fer fuck's sake, just catch a cab from the Public Taxi stands at doors 3 or 10 on the arrivals level!!! Why the fuck do you want to do the arrivals thing? To save B50? If so, just do all farangs a favour and stay home cuz you obviously can't afford to be here and you make us all look bad...

Cheers,

SD

I also used to go up stairs to catch a taxi :nono::clown::neener:

But this last time I followed your wisdom :worship::tophat::worship::worship:

:tophat: and went to the taxi stand at gate 10 it really was easy. Damn I hate when you are right!!!! :mad::mad: :onfire:

S1

"DN......are you saying you can bargain a driver to a price lower than what the meter would show after that trip? I would very seriously doubt a driver is so stupid he would accept less than a metered trip. "

I sure do for long distances, usually go 220/250kms east of BKK for 1300to 1500BHT + tollway, roughly half the price indicated on the board with intercity rates one finds in many metered taxis, and several times less than the prices asked within the airport. Some friends go for 1200 but they enjoy bargaining more than I do. Haven't checked since they changed the taxi rates recently.

Tartempion, I'm surprised you never noticed older taxis in the airport lane or longer lanes...I have. Anyway if going downtown nowadays I also go to the public queue although if I had no luggage and saw more than 10 people queuing I might head upstairs...

"dullnight the waiting for camry's is the unoficial one's - real limo's get to wait - see them there often. "

Noticed the Benz as well , been a tight bugger on this one, maybe should spend the 2500 or so they are charging and stop complaining... used cars ordered from the hotel and TG and got Camry or similars plus several minutes of uncomfortable hot and humid wait outside...

Oh fer fuck's sake, just catch a cab from the Public Taxi stands at doors 3 or 10 on the arrivals level!!! Why the fuck do you want to do the arrivals thing? To save B50? If so, just do all farangs a favour and stay home cuz you obviously can't afford to be here and you make us all look bad...

Cheers,

SD

Have you SEEN some of those queues at the taxi rank, you only need a couple of 747's landing at the same time and it can take a hour or more.

Archived