arrival - catching a cab upstairs.

nutsack

been thru bangkok 5 or 6 times since the new airport opened. first few times, real easy just to head upstairs and grab a cab that just dropped off a fare.....too easy really.

last time (aug. 08) it seemed that they were cracking down, had the area coned off, lotsa cops, etc

i just headed down to the very end and rushed out and grabbed one on the fly.

just wondering what the situation is these days??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh fer fuck's sake, just catch a cab from the Public Taxi stands at doors 3 or 10 on the arrivals level!!! Why the fuck do you want to do the arrivals thing? To save B50? If so, just do all farangs a favour and stay home cuz you obviously can't afford to be here and you make us all look bad...

Cheers,

SD

Oh fer fuck's sake, just catch a cab from the Public Taxi stands at doors 3 or 10 on the arrivals level!!! Why the fuck do you want to do the arrivals thing? To save B50? If so, just do all farangs a favour and stay home cuz you obviously can't afford to be here and you make us all look bad...

Cheers,

SD

Wound a tad tight Tiger aren't we.......everything OK?

Don't tell me the laundramat ruined something.... ;)

I remember when the Ironing Lady shrunk my favorite t-shirt I was in a mood for days :content:

Upstairs is no great deal...I quit going up stairs as too many of the taxi had rip off prices or did not want to use the meter or went the longest way possible to where I wanted to go.

I used to go upstairs to avoid the long taxi ques but over the past few months the lines have been almost nothing.

Some 300 taxi drivers block roads to Suvarnbhumi Airport on Thursday to protest police who they said arrested them for not using meters when being hired to go out of Bangkok.

The blockage of the roads to arrival and departure lounges which are on the second and fourth floors respectively forced many people both Thais and foreigners to get off their vehicles and walked to the lounges.

Link

Nutsack,

Tell me, why do you bother going upstairs?

If all were doing so it would be chaos at the departures doors, those arriving to depart bumping into those arriving to arrive with tons of luggage and a complete traffic jam at the curbs.

Separate departure and arrivals levels are not such a bad idea after all :alert:

Cheers,

SD

Do I make you look bad when I only pay 1000 bt ST? :neener:

Archived