Shooting at the PAD demonstrations

khunsanuk

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

This is messed up.

I just got back from Bangkok yesterday. I went to Down Under on the Friday, but I was a little late for the meeting...

Had a nice time on Koh Chang though.

I dunno. Cops firing bombs at people? Car bombs?

Crazy...

Im not too sure that the Police were throwing home made explosives. However, if you are carrying unstable home made explosive devices (blast bombs) in your trouser cargo pockets, and they go off because you start running from a barrage of tear gas, then they just might cause the injuries we have seen. Just a thought.

Bangkok Post

8 Oct 2008

437 injured in Tuesday violence

Narenthorn Centre reported that a total of 437 people were injured in the clashes between the police and protesters led by the Peopleâ??s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) on Tuesday in front of parliament, the Metropolitan Police Bureau and around the Equestrian Statue of King Chulalongkorn the Great near Ratchadamnern Nawk Road.

73 of the injured were still in hospitals.

According to Wachira Hospital director Chaiwan Charoenchoketawee, 14 policemen who were involved in crowd dispersal had been admitted to the hospital, and the three officers who were shot were in safe conditions.

Dr Chaiwan said Thanya Khunkaew, a PAD supporter [color:red]who was amputated[/color], was recovering, but his condition was still worrying.

Archived