BKK port closed ??

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

If so , could anybody heading for Europe these days take about 2300 kgs extra luggage please . Preferably Frankfurt or Amsterdam .

Hi

If the port is closed why can't they just send the same by Fedex or DHL, send by air freight :alert: :alert: . Personal baggage of 2,300 kgs would cost a bomb :(:(

Just another questions, do airlines allow such an extra baggage :question: :question:

cheers

Of course, the port is often closed for religious or royal holidays, however, in this case there is frequently a related government gem sale that more than makes up for the disappointment of the closed port... Perhaps you should suggest to your shipper that he try the ports at Klong Toey, or better yet, Laem Chabang...

Vinod ,

they love excess baggage . Reason coming :

Charge is close to 1 % of F-class one way ticket price per kilo . So my 2300 kgs would cost you just about 90000 USD on the BKK -> Frankfurt route . Some people might now think this is too expensive but others don't care . I am of the stingy sort of guys and prefer sea cargo by about 1500 USD , don't know exactly how much really .

Some airlines follow the piece-concept with extra luggage charging around 190 USD / piece; with my 2,3 tons I might impress them by arriving with a flatrack on a forklift at checkin , I have so far no appropriate experience to be honest . Anyhow the flatrack would show a label syaing priority baggage meaning you would not have to wait long for delivery at destination . Hope I could answer your question .

BuBi

Archived