BKK port closed ??

buffalo_bill

Somebody showed up at my check-in position with 2300kg of extra weight, I would be licking my chops. I'm sure we could cut a "deal" that would be satisfactory to both parties. hehehe

As far as the casket thing......ppwk is a must. No getting around that. Must have funeral home documentation, photo ID from the shipper, prepaid/no collect, might even need a death cert in some cases. At least with the shitty U.S. airline I worked for. Sorry, but that one wouldn't work too well. :rip:

I knew a woman who worked for PeoplExpress long ago. She swore that one time a person brought a cadaver on-board, with a $19 ticket, to avoid the cost of shipping a casket.

I don't doubt it. Corpses don't complain, and I'm certain the airline's staff would have preferred a bunch of stiffs to their average passengers.

What a whining lot they were (I witnessed it when I worked at LAX T-2 for a while). You get what you pay for.

Somebody showed up at my check-in position with 2300kg of extra weight, I would be licking my chops. I'm sure we could cut a "deal" that would be satisfactory to both parties. hehehe

So would just about any Indian check-in agent I ever saw.

So as not to sound prejudiced, I should mention I also know a Chinese guy who works for an airline and basically operates a travel agency from behind the counter via mobile phone, selling discount tickets to walk-ups as opposed to the airline's published fares.

Gentlemen ,

If anybody here suffers from kind of an excess baggage fetish I recommend to watch checkin procedure in Guangzhou around 19:00 , Ethiopean Airlines bound for Kharthoum via Bangkok . Typically you would observe sort of moving mountains on trolleys held together by 50 meters of rope heading for the counter . These are tons of counterfeit articles , destination Africa . The owners of the moving mountains are coloured tradesmen who again carry about 5 Vuitton handbags in each hand and some on their head plus a few over the shoulder . The art of clarifying what is hand carried luggage has been invented in Guangzhou at Ethiopean Airlines checkin . I usually get myself a beer and position myself on a chair close to the counter and watch the Chinese agent looking silently at the tradesmen who are insisting to get all this on board without extra chrges . The wonderful moments are when their ladies panic , start screaming and threaten the Chinese to bite their balls off .

The world of excess baggage is a world full of charm as long as it is not yours .

BuBi

I've never had anyone attempt to bite my balls off but I did have a nice Aussie gentleman once put his hand on my shoulder as he was leaving the counter after I wouldn't grant his federally illegal request telling me in my ear "don't fuck with me."

I've had to go to court and testify against a passenger who I denied boarding to because of being drunk after he threw his briefcase at me.

But never has anyone wanted to bite my balls clean off. :yikes:

Archived