Swiss salaries = daily rates???

drogon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In IT it's quite normal to advertise contracts at a daily rate when they are quite senior. Usually means they expect long hours from you though.

Must be a Euro thing - here in Oz, its either an hourly rate for code monkeys and their kin, or a 'package' figure for the big boys in the corner office with the unbearably smug receptionist. For all that, a lot of the local talent works overseas and we get British and American CEOs in charge of many of our biggest companies/banks.

Gobble

My experience from Switzerland is 16 years old, but my impression was that the salaries are rather fixed to the position and will not be changed. What you can negotiate is how months you will be paid, bottom line is 13 but you can get 14 if you're really good and 15 if you're quite unique.

Thanks a lot mentors.

Seems that the average annual salary in my branch is between 120-160K Swiss Frances/year but consultancy seems to be treated differently.

Mentors, what do you think about the quality of life in Switzerland?

Our company contemplated moving to Zurich this year. I don't know about Geneve, but the quality of life in Zurich is exceptionally high. People are very kind, great restaurants and bars, high quality culture, e.g. Also Switzerland makes is very easy for foreigners (with cash) to move there.

The downturn: Daily expenses (rent, health care, food, e.g.) are one third higher than in Germany. Therefore the income should be adjusted accordingly.

PS: We are very glad, that we didn't move to Zurich, the crash of the financial market is hitting the city/country very hard.

Thanks a lot mentors.

Seems that the average annual salary in my branch is between 120-160K Swiss Frances/year but consultancy seems to be treated differently.

Mentors, what do you think about the quality of life in Switzerland?

The Quality of live is very good in Switzerland.

Especially around Zurich.

But this is the official version for foreigners. :tophat:

Me, as a citizen, have an other view.

It is not anymore same country which i really loved when i was younger. :shifty:

Archived