Cash advance in something other than baht

TroyinEwa/Perv

Not even sure if it's possible here but has anyone done or heard of a cash advance with a check/debit card in Thailand and receiving something other than baht?

I want to get an advance but I don't want it to be baht, I would prefer a stronger currency for an exchange in a 3rd country. Anyone, anyone??? Or is this just not done?

Thanks for the info CTO. I don't have high hopes but my situation is a tad different. I want to get cash with my credit card as opposed to already having a currency and asking for U.S dollars. Might be the same to the exchange place but to me it seems different.

They always have the price for selling/buying of currency. I will just ask if I can buy U.S dollars with my credit card. To me, it seems it should be a no-brainer but TIT. I'm sure I'll be denied.

Well.......I shouldn't trust what others say without researching it (not you guys, a different website) I just did the math (according to XE.com currencey exchange) if I take out 100 USD, I will get 3432B. I know it's lower but this is just to show my point. So, if I exchange 3432b into the currency I want, I will actually get more of the third countries currency than if I exhange 100usd, this according to the above website.

Screw trying to get US dollars, I'll just advance some baht and be better off. That's the last time I believe what I read without looking into it myself. Info on the website I was reading said that if I exchange 100 dollars worth of baht and 100usd, I would get more for the dollar. Like a considerable amount more. That is why I was curious if it was worthwhile to seek out the dollar here before I left.

Anyway......it would still be nice to know if it can be done but I won't be doing it this trip.

Archived