Gooner Corner

frogpatrol

:grinyes:

It was easier to get into the Bank of England than the famous Arsenal back 4 (back 5 if we count Safe Hands).

Some interesting games this weekend. Will Tottenham finally put up a fight when they play Man Utd? Or will they roll over and act like the weak young male of the pack when the alpha male comes around and get into a submissive posture and show their belly?

Interesting to see how Chelsea does against 'Boro. Will not be surprised if its a draw or even a loss. Viduka and Has-no-bank can cause problems. If 'Boro can score first and make Chelsea go forward, 'Boro has the ability to counter and it could be a 3-2 game.

'Citeh' could be a little tough for us. Yes, we have had our way with them the past couple years but Anelka has a great record against us (sadly so does Fowler). If Cygan plays it could be a 3-2 or 4-2 game. If Sol plays at least a half then 3-1 or 4-1. I don't think we can keep Anelka from scoring for all of 90 minutes. He's a handful and is always motivated against us.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i fear playing Spurs as they are due a win against us,the recent record between the Clubs is not in favour of Spurs.

the Liverpool game was a welcome relief with 3 needed points and 2 points clawed back on Arsenal and Chelsea.

the return of Rio was faultless and he slipped into the team looking like he had never been away.

Silvestre was the unlikely Goal hero with 2 headed Goals.

the more i see of Heinze,the more i like him but i wish someone would get the pronounciation of his name right.

i don't know what it is for certain but i've heard 3 different C ommentators name him differtntly.

and unlike some people who think Keane is too old and finished,he rammed those thoughts up their arses.

from what i have seen this Season he is still as good.

You and I know Spurs will roll over and play dead for you guys. They may as well put up a sign outside the grounds that reads 'White Hart Lane - Old Trafford II'

The odd game out of Keane does not a top class player make. It used to be you saw the odd bad game out of Keane, now you are seeing the odd good game. He doesn't do it week in week out like he used to. Its his first good game out of 6 this season. He's past it. Keane has to pick and choose his games now. A shame really because he's relatively young (32 or 33?) but injuries got the best of him.

now i know you are the expert on Keane and how he and MU play,so i must defer to you.... :bow:

to be honest i have not seen much Football this Season due to work and other things,but what i have seen of him is good.

don't forget many of the games he has played have been at Centre-Half because of injuries.

you know that is not his position,even though it has been touted that he would end up there.

he never has been and never will be a Centre-Half and now that he has taken his rightful place in Midfield instead of some other idiots we are looking better..... :grinyes:

Keane does not pick and choose his games,Fergie does that and he does it to protect a Player who is getting older and has had a career ending injury.

the body needs protecting and anything which prolongs his career is a good move.

he is not the first Manager to do this and will not be the last...

making the excuses now if Spurs fail to win?.

they will not lay down as MOST Players like to win every game.

but Spurs are due a win and that is why i am fearful.

against Liverpool MU were on the backfoot,lost 3 out of 4 at OT and 7 out of the last 10.

we were due a win and that is why i fear Spurs.

but if we win i realise it will be because the Ref was Bias,the Linesman was blind,it was raining and that didn't suit Spurs,the FA have decreed that it not in the spirit of the game for MU to lose etc etc etc.

just accept that IF EITHER Team wins it will be down to a better Team beating another.

i don't see you moaning that Spurs lay down in front of Arsenal everytime they play..... :doah:

chocolat steve said:

You and I know Spurs will roll over and play dead for you guys. They may as well put up a sign outside the grounds that reads 'White Hart Lane - Old Trafford II'

That seems so familiar to hear for me, Sayjann had the same about Leeds United vs. Arsenal before. Until we put a stop to your title aspirations later in that same season. Sayjann's moan might have been that we always do better vs. Man.U. though (after we played them early in the season) - I am not sure.

Don't sink so low Steve! This seasons Spurs team won't lie down for anyone. They have got a mean, defensive machine going. Have surprised me big time.

Cheers!

Even on the Man Utd forums they are saying Keane is past it. As for the scum, I hope they do win or draw, it will only begin to make up for the times they bent over and grabbed their ankles when they play Man Utd.

Arsenal fans historically has not liked Leeds and visa versa (confirm gunneruk, kman and froggo) from what I hear from older supporters. We just happened to catch Leeds when they were having trouble. During the early 70s we battled the Revie sides to win the title and in the early 90s us and Leeds battled for the title as well. Us winning in '91 and them in '92.

As for 'Keano', its well known he's got a crocked hip and needs a few days before he can play again. I guess all those studs up, knee high tackles took its toll over the years.

Nonsense. We have never had an issue with Arsenal. We have it with Man U., and Chelsea. Neighboro teams have it with us, smaller teams in Yorkshire. Wether you have a problem with us is up to you. We hate Spurs more, as they have been hawking over our club to scavenge whatever we have or nab transfer deals from us. Lately Newcastle have taken that role.

There is never need for any extra security when you come to Elland Road.

Chelsea is blue scum, Man.U. is scum. As I mentioned before, its only vs Arsenal that we have won domestic cups. No ground for hate from us.

Cheers!

chocolat steve said:

During the early 70s we battled the Revie sides to win the title and in the early 90s us and Leeds battled for the title as well. Us winning in '91 and them in '92.

What?? We were 21 points behind you in 1990/91. We had just gone up from the 2nd :D. We ended in 4th, and happy about it.

That was the days when you and L'pool were contenders. Next year, it was Man.U. and us.

Cheers!

Added: it seems it was 19 points.

Why do Arsenal fans not wear colours to Leeds,i know many fellow season ticket holders,who feel same as me,we are not safe in Leeds.

I don't know why,but there is no love lost between Arse and Leeds.

I do not have any strong feelings myself against Leeds,and at one time Leeds was the best side in the Country,not most loved,but very hard to beat,, it was the Bremner,Hunter,Charlton,Smith era.

I saw Sniffer Smith play for Fulham as a young lad,was very good,i was dissapointed the Arse did not buy him.

Archived