I don't get it?

Steve

Russia was a great power which collapsed' date=' now it is rising again but if cornered then it will react negatively...[/quote']

Russia is facing an impending and unavoidable demographic collapse.

They simply cannot replace the babies that were not born over the last twenty-five years, nor can they extend the lives or improve the health of those Russians born over forty years ago.

Russia has oil and natural gas and those are good things to have, but for Russia to be a great power again would require a great population of healthy, capable adult Russian men. One can't readily buy those.

Gee, surprise. That doesn't seem to be backed up by facts. Looking at this http://www.nationmaster.com/red/country/rs-russia/peo-people&all=1 , Russia seems to be pretty much equal to the US (yes, slightly behind, buit not significantly) in the amount of 19-44 year old males

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Russia was a great power which collapsed

I believe that you should replace Russia with Soviet Union. It wasn't Russia that collapsed. They had a rough time after the fall of the Soviet Union and still have many problems to sort out but it is by far the largest countries in the world and regarding natural resources one of the richest.

ALHOLK

Gee, surprise. That doesn't seem to be backed up by facts. Looking at this http://www.nationmaster.com/red/country/rs-russia/peo-people&all=1 , Russia seems to be pretty much equal to the US (yes, slightly behind, buit not significantly) in the amount of 19-44 year old males

Once again you demonstrate your inability to use numbers.

I mentioned Russia's dearth of children born over the last 25 years and your link shows their percentage of under-15 population to be 211th out of 223 nations.

Check.

I also mentioned health and life expectancy over age forty. Your link shows that Russia's middle age (15 to 65) percentage is near the top (20th of 223) but their over-65 percentage drops significantly (37th of 223).

Check.

Births low (176th of 220), deaths much higher (22nd of 219).

This is exactly what I said.

You should stick to threatening to anally rape people. Then you would seem merely crazy and nasty rather than crazy, nasty, and retarded.

Russia was a great power which collapsed

I believe that you should replace Russia with Soviet Union. It wasn't Russia that collapsed. They had a rough time after the fall of the Soviet Union and still have many problems to sort out but it is by far the largest countries in the world and regarding natural resources one of the richest.

ALHOLK

The Soviet Union was just the Russian empire dressed up. They'd like that back, but this time do it differently.

So, it would be in everyone's best interest if we simply removed the missiles then?

Am I naive in thinking that even if Russia goes into a de facto dictatorship under Putin (they'd be a republic in name only) that Russia has no intention of invading Poland and the larger former soviet republics like the Ukraine. Georgia and a few of the smaller ones is an issue and they want to at least have some control over them.

However, from what I am hearing is that the missiles are unecessary and are doing more harm than good, right?

Does Europe need to fear that a Pakistan under fundamentalist control will launch nukes at them? India would have the most to fear I'd think. Its just not gonna happen.

I wouldn't want Russia to be a dictatorship but what do we care? The main thing I worry about Russia is a) their veto power on the UN security counsel and B) their support politically and/or militarily to countries and leaders that may cause trouble for the west.

Gee' date=' surprise. That doesn't seem to be backed up by facts. Looking at this http://www.nationmaster.com/red/country/rs-russia/peo-people&all=1 , Russia seems to be pretty much equal to the US (yes, slightly behind, buit not significantly) in the amount of 19-44 year old males[/quote']

Once again you demonstrate your inability to use numbers.

I mentioned Russia's dearth of children born over the last 25 years and your link shows their percentage of under-15 population to be 211th out of 223 nations.

Check.

I also mentioned health and life expectancy over age forty. Your link shows that Russia's middle age (15 to 65) percentage is near the top (20th of 223) but their over-65 percentage drops significantly (37th of 223).

Check.

Births low (176th of 220), deaths much higher (22nd of 219).

This is exactly what I said.

You should stick to threatening to anally rape people. Then you would seem merely crazy and nasty rather than crazy, nasty, and retarded.

Are you saying, rogie, that the Russians are inferior to the USA?

Are you saying the Russian economy is far behind the USA?

Are you saying the Russian space program is far behind the USA?

Are you saying the Russian natural resources such as oil and gas are far behind the USA?

The Polish are a bunch of ungrateful bastards...

Ungrateful to nations who mostly sat on their hands while Poland was raped by the Nazis and then held captive for 60 years by the Soviets?

Imagine!

I was under the impression that the UK and France declared war on Adolf in 1939. Blame FDR more than European nations that were also conquered. The US in 1945 was too war weary to stand up to "Uncle Joe" and let him redraw national borders, move around populations by the millions and install his own governments. Uh ... wasn't that precisely what the war was fought to keep Adolf from doing? :hmmm:

p.s. Poland when strong enough in history has kicked around its own neighbours too.

Funny that when the NKVD archives were uncovered (plus some live witnesses):

. Teheran conference: Stalin was willing to back off if the USA and dumbass FDR (same kind of stupid dumbass as Wilson) had hinted that they wouldn't allow a Eastern Europe dominated by USSR.

. Yalta: Stalin would have still accepted to leave Eastern Europe free if FDR had intimated him to do so

Some quite recent books/studies mainly US and British analyzed the behavior and decisions of FDR from 1943 on.

FDR = A man addicted to power who could not give up about his illusion of a possible peaceful partnership with USSR (despite warning signs received as early as 1943 and acknowledged both by the foreign office and the state department).

FDR=Wilson= dreamers who had their idea and no longer saw reality.

Major factor during Teheran and Yalta -> FDR was sick.

Strange that even the NKVD thought that Stalin would have to bow to the US provided they had told him to get his hands off Eastern Europe

About Poland: They waged wars as much as they could during their history and they are partly responsible for being the first objective of Germany. (Germans did not forget what Poland tried to do following the end of WW1)

Also, Polish military dictators did nothing to help Poland between the 2 World wars by being unfriendly with all its neighbours.

Polish, like some other nations like to view themselves as perpetual victims...

Archived