British suicide: Thong Lo

dddave

Apparently hanged himself in Room 1110 of the Imperial Tara Hotel on Sukhumwit Soi 26.

Probably a little too much information given out by the media - exactly how many guests do they think will take room 1110 at that hotel for next 6 or so months ?

Given the number of old coots who have reportedly carked it at Nana Hotel (according to various posts here over the years), I expect that I have put my head down in a room where someone has died, but thats different to knowing that a recent guest topped himself. I guess I've read too much Stephen King, but your mind does funny things when you wake at 3am in a strange room, with inhuman moaning emanating from the room next door. Then again, the Nana features inhuman moaning at 3pm on occasion. :smirk:

Back in my Peace Corps days, a friend got a nice price on a rented house in Bangkok. Turned out someone had hanged themself in one of the bedrooms and no Thai would go near the place. It was then rented to a Japanese couple, who shortly after were killed in a car crash. Of course, he wasn't told that until some time later. I visited him once ... and he put me up in that room! (Of course, without telling ME until afterwards either. :p )

Archived