Obama's Cabinet

Steve

Hope this doesn't count as U.S. election postings.

Obama weighs Clinton, Richardson as sec. of state

President-elect Barack Obama has interviewed primary election rivals Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bill Richardson for secretary of state, according to Democratic officials who revealed his secret meetings with both as he weighed the decision on folding former foes into his new administration.

What did Michael Corleone say? 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer'.

Anyone have ideas of who you would like to see in his cabinet?

I would really love a role for Ron Paul and believe it or not Ralph Nader. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska as well. A moderate, honest Republican. Rare these days.

Obama related article. I didn't want to inundate the board with different Obama threads.

Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect

Threats against a new president historically spike right after an election, but from Maine to Idaho law enforcement officials are seeing more against Barack Obama than ever before. The Secret Service would not comment or provide the number of cases they are investigating. But since the Nov. 4 election, law enforcement officials have seen more potentially threatening writings, Internet postings and other activity directed at Obama than has been seen with any past president-elect, said officials aware of the situation who spoke on condition of anonymity because the issue of a president's security is so sensitive.

I'd like to see him keep Gates at Defense. I haven't heard anyone else mentioned for this post. Bubba screwed this pick up royally with Les Aspin. Came back to bite him in the ass right away, too (although it was much worse for our forces in Somalia, of course). Who do the Demonrats have that could even pass the laugh test for D.O.D.?

Obama related article. I didn't want to inundate the board with different Obama threads.

Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect

Threats against a new president historically spike right after an election, but from Maine to Idaho law enforcement officials are seeing more against Barack Obama than ever before. The Secret Service would not comment or provide the number of cases they are investigating. But since the Nov. 4 election, law enforcement officials have seen more potentially threatening writings, Internet postings and other activity directed at Obama than has been seen with any past president-elect, said officials aware of the situation who spoke on condition of anonymity because the issue of a president's security is so sensitive.

There are a lot of nuters out there We have seen our share.

<< But since the Nov. 4 election, law enforcement officials have seen more potentially threatening writings, [color:red]Internet postings[/color] and other activity directed at Obama than has been seen with any past president-elect ... >>

How many Internet posts were made against presidents-elect in the 19th and early twentieth centuries? :hmmm:

I'd like to see him keep Gates at Defense. I haven't heard anyone else mentioned for this post. Bubba screwed this pick up royally with Les Aspin. Came back to bite him in the ass right away, too (although it was much worse for our forces in Somalia, of course). Who do the Demonrats have that could even pass the laugh test for D.O.D.?

Wesley Clark.

There was a rumor that Colin Powell may be offered Education, a personal passion of his.

I heard once that Rumsfeld originally wanted to strip down the military. He wanted to cut the massive amount of waste that was occuring in the Defense Department but 911 changed all that with Bush's agenda.

Warren Buffet and Paul Volcker are also mentioned in the rumor mills as well.

Archived