Obese have right to 2 airline seats: Canada court

Guy Himmaparn

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting how the price of oil has dropped like a rock recently, and the price at the pump has dropped in line.

Yet the airlines have not adjusted their ticket prices/dropped the fuel surcharge! Greedy fucktards!

Search "fuel surcharge" in Google News and you'll see a lot of Asian carriers are. Because they need their own governments' approvals means that it takes as long to remove them as it did to implement them. At the same time, government regulation often means they were required to reduce them once conditions changed for the better.

I won't make any excuses for the US carriers though. I am with the old DOT view that fuel prices should simply be incorporated in the fare, and let them compete on that basis, just like all other costs. That fuel surcharges were even allowed in the US is a result of lack of government oversight (or deregulation).

Search "fuel surcharge" in Google News and you'll see a lot of Asian carriers are. Because they need their own governments' approvals means that it takes as long to remove them as it did to implement them. At the same time, government regulation often means they were required to reduce them once conditions changed for the better.

They need to hurry up! :)

Any way I slice it, EVA deluxe class has been nearly $2500 to Thailand via Newark/Taipei for the last 3 months on their website. The trip is still 7 months out, so I hope that it goes back down to closer to $1700 like in the good old days.

-=/NN

Planes don't run very fast on the ground. By the time they cut the wings off before towing them, you're better off walking. And, with no service on-board, you'll be relieved to come across a restaurant full of obese people, like McDonald's, while you can have a snack with the non-flying fatties.

In the 1960's, I was with friends in a Cape Cod movie theater when we noticed ushers placing two folding chairs side by side in an open space.

In walked HAYSTACK CALHOON, a well known, 600+ pound, professional wrestler. He sat down on the folding chairs, one chair for each butt cheek and munched about ten bags of popcorn during the movie.

When I worked at LAX, a group of WWF wrestlers were flying to Oz, in coach, and the flight was full. The were all pre-assigned seats together and, being a full flight, there was no way for the ground staff to move them around.

One guy, the Iron Sheik, started complaining about the situation (wanted an upgrade or something, although he was by no means the most famous guy in the group). My 80 pound female co-worker reading him the riot act was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :)

Remember when Thai theatres would bring folding chairs into the aisles during the screenings of popular movies? They'd even block the emergency exits. Wonder if they still get away with that.

:hmmm:

Umm... no I don't remember that. I haven't been around that long. Did they used to put them at the ends of shopping mall escalators too? :)

Nope. But Thais invariably stood there as soon as they got off the escalator, causing others to bunch up and possibly knock them over. :p

When Robinson's first opened, they had to ban barefoot kids from riding the escalators, since the kids got their toes caught and sometimes mangled a bit.

Archived