bangkok airport shocking news!!

keith doug

Do you trust anything the Nation says on it's website ? I don't think they have proof readers there, a couple of examples from the last few days :

When talking about Thailand being put on that list of most dangerous places, it was printed (online at least) as one of the most generous countries.

Or on the 2000 baht/day expenses it was 2 billion baht per day !

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so yes although there's grammar, spelling & other mistakes the story in itself is often based on facts as history clearly shows.

now if a story contradicts itself regarding opening dates I conclude no one really knows & this continues to be the case for now.

however sometime tomorrow I believe AOT will be able to announce an accurate date & time :)

cheers!

Meanwhile Wutthipun said that AOT will jointly inspect the readiness of the airport with PAD as soon as possible.

"I think that Suvarnabhumi Airport will be able to be re-opened within 24 hours," he said. Referring to checkpoints set up by PAD at the entrances of the airport, AOT and PAD will jointly conduct the screening of passengers into the airport.

Ok, regardless of your stand on Thai politics; this has to be the silliest thing you've read today. Even sillier than my last batch of excess sugar and caffeine fueled posts.

WTF does the average protester know about airport inspections and passenger screening? Who elected PAD to do airport operations, have they just made themselves another branch of the government?

Are we going to get detained if we wear a red shirt to the airport? Where is the oversight?

-=/NN

from Suvannaphumi's own website:

Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport partially resumed operations on Wednesday, December 3rd.

The airport is expected be resume full operations before December 15th.

Cargo, military and emergency flights from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport resumed on Tuesday, December 2nd.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/

according to their current flight status, there are currently hardly any flights in and out; you can look yourself, whether it improves!

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/129

and by the way "scheduled" does not mean that the flight is/was actually operated; you can only be sure that it was, after they provide the exact time of departure or arrival!

Archived