Oil Prices Keep Tumbling

Steve

Oil tumbles below $44 a barrel, gas hits new low

When oil prices shot up and I was paying over $4 a gallon to fill my car, I was convinced I'd never see oil below $3 again in my life. In California where we have some of the highest prices in the country, I am paying $1.89 if I hunt around a little and can regularly get gas under $2.

I wonder if I really will see close to a buck a gallon again?

When oil prices shot up and I was paying over $4 a gallon to fill my car, I was convinced I'd never see oil below $3 again in my life. In California where we have some of the highest prices in the country, I am paying $1.89 if I hunt around a little and can regularly get gas under $2.

I guess rogie was right! How many off shore wells have they drilled so far?

Yes petrol is cheap, what ever happened to peak oil?

I would be interested to see how consumption has been since the prices fell. Supply and Demand.

Also, the dollar has gotten stronger, and a weak dollar translates to higher oil prices.

I don't see it staying this low for long. The markets already shown that people are willing to pay $3.00+ a gallon before they start cutting back. The oil companies know this and will steadily push the prices back up.

Personally I've cut way back on the use of my car and started using a bike and public transport whenever possible, and I plan to keep doing so. Unfortunately I doubt most other people will do the same. I've already noticed emptier buses and a lot more vehicles on the road. It's amazing how quickly people forget.

Market analysts in Europe expect oil around 25 dollars a barrel soon, but now OPEC tries to reduce the production.

Archived