Cobra Gold 2009?

Neon Ninja

I think people confuse Cobra Gold and a carrier group visit.

Trouble is, carrier group visits are not usually announced too far in advance.

:yeahthat:

and there are usually a couple of visits per year in Pattaya and recently also in Phuket..

i remember once that i stayed with a couple of thais on Jomtien and they wanted to go to Pattaya for dinner, but when they saw all the army guys they fled back to jomtien...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the fear is sooooo overblown. The US military lads (and ladies) on R-n-R are very well behaved, respectful and a joy to talk to and hang with in general IMHO. There are plenty of UCMJ regs and SP/MPs around to assure this.

Cheers,

SD

I think the fear is sooooo overblown. The US military lads (and ladies) on R-n-R are very well behaved, respectful and a joy to talk to and hang with in general IMHO. There are plenty of UCMJ regs and SP/MPs around to assure this.

Cheers,

SD

Years ago, I was in the Army myself, so I know that they will be a bunch of good guys.

:thumbup:

I just dislike crowds, and I dislike competition!

Even though the girls are all prostitutes (when you boil it down), it's still difficult for a nearly 40 year old 300lb dude to compete for their attention over a group of 19 year olds in fighting shape! :(

I am a much more "hansum man" when it is just me and a small handful of crusty alzheimer's patients.

-=/NN

...I just dislike crowds, and I dislike competition....it's still difficult for a nearly 40 year old 300lb dude to compete for their attention over a group of 19 year olds in fighting shape! -=/NN

Competition is never a problem with Cobra Gold, unless you're addicted to visiting Walking Street, which is where you find most of the military as they know little else about Pattaya.

Fear not and 'Go NORTH young and overweight man'...the further north of Royal Gardens you traipse (or take a moto), the less military is to be seen. I've never seen any in north Pattaya, 2nd or 3rd roads or Naklua!!

• 2 weeks later...

Are search engines out of fashion nowadays? I got this on yahoo in 3 seconds!

EXERCISE COBRA GOLD 2009 (CG09)

4 - 17 February 2009 | Kingdom of Thailand

COBRA GOLD (CG) is an annual RTARF / USPACOM co-sponsored joint and multintaional exercise conducted in the Kingdom of Thailand. Exercise COBRA GOLD is designed to improve joint and multinational interoperability and capability to effectively plan and execute complex multinational operations.

The exercise scenario is focused on the most likely contingency operations expected in the Southeast Asia region, addresses regional security Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) and Counterinsurgency (COIN) issues, improves participating nation's military-to-military relationships, advances USPACOM Theater Security Cooperation (TSC) objectives and Royal Thai Supreme Commander training guidance.

Full participating nations for CG 09 include: Thailand, United States, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, and tentatively South Korea and Australia. Up to 10 Multinational Planning Augmentation Team (MPAT) nations, and up to 10 Combined Observer Liaison Team (COLT) nations are also expected to participate. The major exercise events in priority order are: STAFFEX, H/CA, and FTX.

http://www1.apan-info.net/Default.aspx?alias=www1.apan-info.net/cg08

Archived