OJ Gets Some Serious Time

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OJ Simpson, a double murderer who escaped conviction due to a fixed jury, finally got some serious years leveled at him today in Las Vegas. Stemmed from a robbery in a hotel there. Seems to be some confusion about how many years he will do, but it's at least six and maybe 30. Gotta be humbling for an asshole who killed two people in cold blood and then used his millions and a jury of his "peers" to walk away from his criminal trial. (He was later found guilty in a civil trial, but excaped prison or the death penalty on that one.) Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

HH

How can you claim he was a double murderer even thogh he was not convicted of a dobe murder and how was the jury fixed?

Saw him on the news in the courtroom, appeared to be about to cry!

Azzhole!!!

All he had to do; was to file a police report and let the police/lawyers do their job!

Naaahhhh, looks like he wanted to be "the man" and grab whatever was "stolen" from him...

when it comes to repossessions, the police generally do not get involved. What he probably needed was an order of replevin but being he probably didn't have good records to substantiate what had transpired, he probably couldn't do that. I got a feeling what caused this problem is OJ may have been hiding assets from the Goldman's and it backfired on OJ.

he wanted his stuff back, i think he's been convicted with his past innocent judgement. 15 years for trying to get personal belongings seems very harsh.

You and O.J. think a lot alike.

One item of "his" stuff he mentioned in his statement was a family photo taken in the White House.

At one point O.J. and his family were the welcome guests of the President of the United States.

At a later time he was seen with a group of threatening, armed thugs trying to obtain a souvenir of that previous moment by force from a bunch of other sleazebags in a seedy Las Vegas hotel room.

Whose decisions and actions and character brought O.J. down from that first scene to the second?

O.J. has no idea and apparently neither do you.

OJ didn't want the Goldman's to seize the property, which they could do if OJ went through the courts.

So he tells his pals to bring guns and on the audio tape it is clear OJ was running the show. Committing a felony with a gun gives you hard time.

In Arizona, if somebody has committed a felony (stretching it in this case, stolen memorobilia) you can kick the door down and get your stuff. You can also use a firearm when you do it.

There was another thread in the Board Bar section about OJ as well and I'll repeat some of the things I mentioned there.

I don't like OJ. I think he did kill Nicole and Ron and should have been convicted for it.

However, the 15 years does seem harsh based solely on the facts at hand on the face of it by someone like myself and others who are not in law enforcement. It may be just by judicial standards.

However, based solely on the facts of this particular case it does appear harsh to the layman.

He's 61, first offense, he was attempting to retrieve his own posessions, no one was hurt. In a lot of cases this is probation, maybe a year or two time. Judges tend to want to jail those that pose a future threat to society and release those that don't due to a myriad of reasons (space in jail, etc.)

OJ's sentence if it were applied to another former athlete with a stellar rep would be deemed harsh by most.

Archived