OJ Gets Some Serious Time

Hugh_Hoy

I didn't follow this case so I don't know whether to think O.J. was "overcharged". There were twelve charges in all and he was convicted on each. The sentences were on the low end for each charge and it was an armed robbery, it was a conspiracy, etc. It seems some jail time is in order. Let him serve a couple or few years and then ask Pres. Obama to commute his sentence.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Arizona, if somebody has committed a felony (stretching it in this case, stolen memorobilia) you can kick the door down and get your stuff. You can also use a firearm when you do it.

Well too fucking bad for OJ he wasn't in Arizona. He was in Nevada. He was convicted of the crime and senteced according to the law. The law worked in his favor the first time around and he wasn't as fortunate this time.

Fuck him.

The good old American justice system fucked up the first time OJ was up in court and it has shown consistency this time by fucking up again.

I couldn't give a shit about OJ, this verdict say's more about America under GWB and the GOP than it does about OJ.

America is doomed unless Obama can save her.

The good old American justice system fucked up the first time OJ was up in court and it has shown consistency this time by fucking up again.

I couldn't give a shit about OJ, this verdict say's more about America under GWB and the GOP than it does about OJ.

America is doomed unless Obama can save her.

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

HH

Las Vegas has a tough reputation and this judge seems determined to preserve it.

I firmly believe OJ got away with murder, but this sentencing seems over the top. Up to 33 years? Murderers get less.

Yeah, but he IS a MURDERER!

O.k. ok. I see your point. But the facts are, he was tried, and convicted, and this is the penalty for his actions...did he get a "fair sentence?" Maybe not, but the courts are supposed to consider all sorts of shit before they pass sentence, and most likely, they did.

Was the sentence right or wrong? who knows, but he did the crime, so he has to do the time.

All the asshole had to do was stay out of trouble. Instead of humbling him, and making him grateful he wasn't getting bent over in prison before they executed him, he felt empowered by the not guilty verdict, and felt invincible. In short, all he had to do was stay out of trouble, but he couldn't do that.

Getting his property back or not, he put himself in this position. He could have used lawyers, and what not. Instead, he chose to be a thug about it, and used muscle and guns. The court clearly saw this for what it is/was, which WAS NOT a matter of just getting his property back. He lost this one, and he is getting what he deserves. This is the penalty for what he did, nothing more.

:yeahthat:

TH

Archived