Cops v 15 Year Old Boy

bust

OK but if that was a concern I am sure they would not have been firing a warning shot into the ground if there was a risk of hitting an innocent bystander.

I do not accept that pumping his chest full of lead was the only solution.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shooting is already difficult enough (with a simple pistol or revolver) and there are not that many good shooters among law enforcement people and I talk about "target/practice shooting" in a shooting range, in a controlled environment surrounded by friendly people.

Shooting a moving target without any real stress?

Try a "laser game" or a paintball one, there is already some stress involved because most gamers don't want to loose...

Try to shoot force yourself to shoot your oponent in the arme or leg...

Now, use a handgun and try shooting at 10 meters at a humand size target in a shooting range with let's say a 38 or a 9mm...

Then, you are a cop, faced by a moving target who carries knives...

Yes, some very few law enforcement agencies are "trained" to try disarming an oponent if possible (HRT in the USA for example) but most cops are trained to fire at the easiest target which is the body mass, add to this that most cops have not enough shooting training due to lack of funds.

Yes, 3 cops against a 15 years old boy could, if they have had the guts, have tried to disarm him without using their guns and they might have succeeded -> but if, for any reason, the kid had gone "nuts" -> you might as well have "one cop dead' in the news...

Wait for the coroner to give his conclusions.

I just wish such tragic incident could remind some people that, if you face a cop with a firearm then you would better walk away or behave -> simply because he has a gun and might use it to protect the law or simply himself -> and a gun can kill...

Archived