Cops v 15 Year Old Boy

bust

The Cronulla riots started because "life savers" were badly beaten by a gang of lebanese men. The same year a dozen lebanese were in various courts for the organised gang rapes of young australian women.

Maybe this group is a reaction to lebanese aggression.

This young boys membership of the youth gang will void any proper investigation in the shooting, regretably he is already guilty as charged.

STH

I think you have the answer as to why this situation got so violent. The cops in the USA, for the most part, believe that getting rid of some of the pond water, is a proper and honorable thing to do. Police don't think like we do for the most part. For example:

A person has a broken arm and is about to be arrested. The person tells the police he has a broken arm. The police grab his broken arm and the person pulls away. The police report gets written up saying that the person resisted arrest. The person ask the police later "Why did you grab my arm?" The police claim "People lie so how were we to know?"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right, I think the job makes them divide people in to good or bad, there is no middle ground.

IME, to get a good service from police you have to go with clean hands and have no criminal record.

This happend a couple of weeks ago, they ground the mans face in to the road a few times.

All said and done though, I think normal people/civilians would be far harsher than a professional police force.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7757229.stm

STH

That video does not look good for the officers involved.

There's only one cop slugging the guy and it is unclear why? I can't tell if the dude is already cuffed or is resisting getting the cuffs on. I wouldn't be too quick to call it curbside justice at this point.

HH

That video does not look good for the officers involved.

There's only one cop slugging the guy and it is unclear why? I can't tell if the dude is already cuffed or is resisting getting the cuffs on. I wouldn't be too quick to call it curbside justice at this point.

HH

Cop wacks somebody 8 times when the person is down, hard to believe this was necessary when 3 cops already had him on the ground. To me it is street justice dished out under the "do the crime, do the time" doctrine. Judge, jury and exectioners.

Have you ever tried to restrain a drunk or druggie who wanted to resist? Thought so.

HH

It doesn't look like the guy was resisting. What I saw was 2 cops holding him down, and the third cop was holding him down with one hand while giving him 8 whacks. Why wasn't the cop helping the other 2 cops hold him down instead of hitting the perp while looking around as if to see if anybody was watching?

I saw two cops holding him down and maybe trying to cuff him. The guy throwing the punches was hitting the guy on the back near the shoulders...not in the head. That would indicate that he was trying to gain the cooperation of the guy on the ground. Recall that he was trying to avoid arrest or whatever at the start of the clip and that it was confirmed that he was involved in a prior altercation with police. Now, before you say they were getting back at the guy for a "prior", you don't even know if these particular cops knew him or any prior incident involving the men in blue.

The cop who appears to you to be looking around to see if anybody was watching, from my perspective, was looking for vehicular traffic approaching...they were in the middle of a 3-lane street !

HH

Archived