Abhisit voted as the 27th prime minister

waerth

Had to google to find what a Geordie meant

:banghead:

Being intelligent and honest is probably the biggest handicap for a politician, in addition, being well-educated abroad is certainly a handicap for a Thai PM.

When I dream I tend to hope this coalition will stik together and although the Democrats will have to make concessions to allies (read: let them take a part of the cake) -> all parties will work a bit more for Thailand and see the benefits of doing so.

(bigger part of the cake if the country is better managed, more cake over the time if the government stays in power, more power+fame+face if government is doing a good work)

But I am a dreamer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is not longer then the by-elections in January. Although I hope I am proved wrong here.

He just got 235 votes and thus has not absolute majority (at least 241 MP) once the parliament will be complete (480 seats). Expect the Phuea Party to initiate a motion of no-confidence as they are poised to win the by-elections. The mess will continue.

Different sorts of folks. Says the Post:

<< During the session, Pol Gen Pracha voted for himself while Mr Abhisit refrained from voting. >>

<< Meanwhile, more than hundred of pro-Thaksin Shinawatra group called United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) surrounded the Parliament after they learned that Mr Abhisit is elected.

They placed iron barricades to block the entrance of the Parliament, and threw water bottles into the compound.

Riot police were deployed around the site to prevent chaos. >>

Now it's the redshirts turn to be bungholes. :dunno:

... try to marginalise the terribly corrupt factions -- yes, you cannot eliminate all corruption, but you can get rid of the biggest offenders ...

:rotl::rotl::rotl:

i guess abi bought -- oops, i mean brought -- in newin and his gang to do precisely that...

He (Abi) could be great ...

granted, he may surprise...but really, given the complete non-performance of the abi-led democrats during the "troubles" of last years, do you truly expect anything more than utter mediocrity? (kinda like samak with a fancier accent?)

All reports are that Newin brought himself over to the Dems. He may be as dirty as they come, but he is a survivor. Newin saw the writing on the wall that TRT/PPP/PT were the losing bet this time and he's trying to cover his arse and keep some power. Abhisit needs to marginalise this group (which is to what I was referring), while still keeping them somewhat happy -- which may prove to be impossible.

Cheers,

SD

Archived