Stupid Fuckers

teddy

Hi,

I remember seeing a guy on TV in Holland a year after he won something like 10M Euro. He, his wife and 2 kids were still living in the same rented flat, he was still working in his same job. If I remember correctly the only things he had done with the money was bought a new car and taken the family on a vacation.

Some people can spend it responsibly.

As for what I'd do with $2M. I'd probably invest some into the project I'm working on now, buy a house in Thailand and maybe one in Holland. I'd also probably have to buy the wife a new car :)

The rest I'd just stick in the bank. $2M in Thailand is actually a LOT of money.

Sanuk!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the case of a Belgian couple who had the incredible luck to win twice the jackpot.....

Most people winning suddendly a large amount of money have a stupid behavior....

Get enough money? Depending on the amount receive I:

- Invest in something solid (house + gold) -> somthing tangible

- move to Thailand and open my own small QA/QC outsourcing/consulting company

Samak: Not for local consulting but for overseas outsourcing -> as I know quite a few companies back here which tried QA/QC outsourcing in India but then came back seeing the crap work....(and in IT QA outsourcing is easy to do)

On the other hand: Lower functioning costs for me, I am pretty sure I can get some very good QA employees who would dump their western salaries to live in Thailand on 100-120k bht/month...

I did a bit of calculations back here:

Adding the costs (for the company) for all the QA department employees here -> I ccould easily provide a better service with twice as many QA people for about than 1/3 of the current QA department cost but only if in Thailand or other similar country...

if i won 2 Miliion i like to hope i would be sensible.

i'm at an age where i have a house(no mortgage)and am quite happy living there,i have no need to move or have a mansion.

i'd probably buy a new car but nothing extravagent,i don't need a Rolls Royce.

i would give up work,no doubt about that.

i would have time to do things i have always to do,travel and visit Countries i have always wanted to go to.

would be great to get away from the English Winter and spend it in warmer places.

but saying that i would love to travel to the North and South Poles.........

They say money cant buy you happiness but I'd give it a damn good try.

I would also rather be rich and depressed than poor and despressed.

The greatest pleasure I would have would be to continue working to the point that I got really fucked off then I would grab my coat and walk out.

I would NOT buy a place in LOS, just rent, that way I would have no financial investments. On £10m I would sort out the family, buy a new place in the UK (away from freaky neighbours), learn to drive and basically do as I pleased....

Archived