Israeli Air Force uses new US-supplied smart bomb

Bangkoktraveler

I guess when you take somebody's land and lock them in a pen they get angry. Whodda thunk?

Uh' date=' so how does this wise observation help us "draw a line between peaceful Palestinian people and the extremists of the Hamas"?

[/quote']

Thanks for the compliment. I don't think there is a distinct line. Some are more angry than others. We have to ask ourselves if they are all angry or just the extremists. If we come up with an answer to that then we have to look at the source of the anger. From there we can make a judgment about whether or not the anger is permanent or just a temporary condition which will diminish over time. If we decide the anger is permanent then we have to wonder how long it can be bottled up.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess when you take somebody's land and lock them in a pen they get angry. Whodda thunk?

Uh' date=' so how does this wise observation help us "draw a line between peaceful Palestinian people and the extremists of the Hamas"?

[/quote']

Thanks for the compliment. I don't think there is a distinct line. We have to ask ourselves if they are all angry or just the extremists. If we come up with an answer to that then we have to look at the source of the anger. From there we can make a judgment about whether or not the anger is permanent or just a temporary condition which will diminish over time. If we decide the anger is permanent then we have to wonder how long it can be bottled up.

I have been arguing on this thread that the "great majority of peaceful Palestinians" is a myth and that Hamas is representative of the Palestinians who elected and otherwise elevated them into power.

This "peaceful Palestinian" myth is a long-standing example of leftist doublethink. The idea is that it is simultaneously true that (1) most Palestinians are peaceful and reasonable and (2) that Israeli actions are sufficiently heinous as to drive most Palestinians into murderous rage. It's at most one or the other, kids, not both.

As for your "root causes" search, try looking in the Koran. Muslims have been finding reasons for hating infidels in there for many centuries.

I am tired of spending my tax dollars on other people problems. Lets the Somalies all die, Jews and Palis kill each other etc. Sooht all people trying to bring drugs to the U.S. I like the thaksin program, kill'em dead. I don't care if the Mayor of NYC is and Isrealite or the Pres of the U.S. is Half African.... Hussen Obama, keep the money home so my annuity return to 10K USD per month! Let them throw rocks till they are all dead. I don't care!

On the off chance you are serious, have you actually ever met a Palestinian before?

Did you look at the video in my 6:51 PM post?

I've had plenty of experiences being around "Palestinians" like those who are shown there.

Have you had no similar experiences?

I have been arguing on this thread that the "great majority of peaceful Palestinians" is a myth and that Hamas is representative of the Palestinians who elected and otherwise elevated them into power.

This "peaceful Palestinian" myth is a long-standing example of leftist doublethink. The idea is that it is simultaneously true that (1) most Palestinians are peaceful and reasonable and (2) that Israeli actions are sufficiently heinous as to drive most Palestinians into murderous rage. It's at most one or the other, kids, not both.

As for your "root causes" search, try looking in the Koran. Muslims have been finding reasons for hating infidels in there for many centuries.

You may have a point in that there are less 'peaceful' Palestinians by the minute. But there are those who take action i.e the ones firing rockets into Israel and those that just support them. I'm sure it's true that the majority of Palestinians hate Israel and would like to see it disappear so they probably prefer Hamas to the more conciliatory Fatah. Fatah can't get a deal anyway so that's the choice Palestinian voters are faced with. I think it's also true that most Arabs/muslims are more sympathetic towards the Palestinians than they are towards Israel. The Palestinians happen to be taking the brunt of Zionist expansion.

That's what makes your blanket statement 'everybody hates Palestinians' so absurd. It's your opinion only, it's not based on any facts and it isn't true. Saying 'there are no peaceful Palestinians' is stupid too. They are at war with Israel. The Israelis want to crush them. Why would anybody feel peaceful under those circumstances?

And where are the peaceful Israelis? I don't see too many anti-Zionist demonstrations in Israel. They mostly seem to like what's going on in Gaza.

Your knowledge of human nature must be pretty limited if you can't understand why they are angry. How would you react if somebody stole your land and put you in a pen? Would you feel grateful?

I've never read the Koran so I don't know what it says about hatred being a desirable attribute. Perhaps there are places where muslims are taught to hate infidels but I lived and worked in the Gulf for 4 years with Iraqis, Kuwaitis, Saudis and Palestinians and never experienced any hatred. They were all very courteous and hospitable to me. But that was in the 70s so maybe things have changed.

Talking of hate you remind me of Daniel Pipes. People like Pipes are trying to turn the War on Terror into the War on Islam.

There was a lot of anger and extremism in Northern Ireland a few years ago after every Protestant or Catholic atrocity.

Then wiser heads eventually negotiated a compromise peace agreement.

Scratch the surface and there are probably extremist views still held there today, but the majority have now got so used to the benefits of peace, that thereâ??s no turning back to terrorism.

The Palestinians and Israelis came so close to peace at Camp David under Clinton â?? narrowed it down to just 3% more land swaps, a face saving deal over Jerusalem and the return of a handful of geriatric Palestinian refugees who will die out anyway over the next few decades. Thatâ??s all thatâ??s needed and the whole Arab World (yes Libya and Syria too!) have already signed up at the 2002 Arab League Summit to recognize Israel fully, exchange of ambassadors, open travel and tradeâ?¦ the works.

Such a deal would kickstart the world economy.:up:

I hope Obama can get both sides to go that extra distance.

:beer:

PS my tip that would have solved the Troubles in N Ireland years ago and could be a template for Israel too. Keep religion in the home and out of the schools. The UK and Oz governments even now subsidize state and private religious schools .. a ridiculous policy that encourages children to practise their parents' bigotry. When kids sit next to each other from Grade One, they don't give a toss about religion, but judge their classmates by the content of their character.

Shalom. Insallah.

On the off chance you are serious' date=' have you actually ever met a Palestinian before? [/quote']

Did you look at the video in my 6:51 PM post?

I've had plenty of experiences being around "Palestinians" like those who are shown there.

Have you had no similar experiences?

Let me break it to you gently RY. Posting videos on a discussion board and actually knowing people are two distinctly different experiences.

For every video of Palestinians doing atrocious things, I can also point to videos of Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, Hindus, etc., etc. doing atrocious things. It proves nothing, other than the fact that there are atrocious poeple of all faiths and backgrounds.

Archived