Execution style murder shown on Thai TV

khunsanuk

Hi,

Whenever I think I've seen the worst I can think of on Thai TV, they find a way to lower themselves even further.

Last night during a news show they showed footage (several times!) from a security camera of a girl being shot, execution style.

I am far from squeamish, but I found that to be utterly tasteless.

Soaps need to blur out guns and alcohol, but apparently it is acceptable to show real murder on TV.

Disgusted!

Sanuk!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wonder how it makes the family feel?

I do see a need to show news, and sometimes the nasty side of things that happen. Take for example the recent shooting of an unarmed man in Oakland California. Despite the best efforts of the police to confiscate cameras and cellphones as evidence, as well as the bullshit claim that the station surveillance ca,eras were not working (how convenient) some footage of the murder got out to the public. Perhaps a good thing, or else nothing would have been done about it, but where and what is the limit?

In the late 1980s there was a very well done Thai men's magazine called Noom Sao. It featured stunning nude models, the kind that would be top of the line in a Soi 33 bar. However, beavers were an absolute no-no. Only boobs and butts could be shown. If you wanted the fanny pics, you had to write to the publisher and send 100 baht. In return you got full colour glossy photos of the gals showing it all. Even now crotch shots are banned in Thai men's magazines. The Thai version of Hustler is about a tame as the 1950s Playboy was. But the Thai language newspapers can show all the dead cadavers on page 1 that they want!

:dunno:

You raise a good point. Example, recently in my city, there was a gang rape of a lesbian woman. The details were put out, in graphic detail. Many who read/heard about it said they decide to turn in those responsible after hearing the story, and seeing/hearing the victim. Apparently, this factored in their decision to notify the police, and assist in the arrests.

Archived