Execution style murder shown on Thai TV

khunsanuk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that that there are ways to show the crime without having to show the victim being actually being killed.

They could show the footage up until the point of the actual murder, going to a freeze frame for example.

Unfortunately (and this is not limited to LOS) news shows are now more about generating revenue, so sensationalism is the order of the day. :(

That's no different than what the pattaya

rags do, when they show horribly injured victims after they have been killed (after a

crash, or murder, or jumping off a building).

But the bangkok rags never seem to show photos.

On a tangent: The pattaya rags also a slanderous.

For example, last week there was an article

about a foreigner who was found dead in his house.

The newspaper then wrote garbage like this:

"We interviewed neighbors to find out a little

about the victim, and were told that he always

brought prostitutes to his house, every day".

And for example, if you're mugged on beach road,

or a girl drugs in your room and you later call the police, you get your name and photo in the paper (and a google search of your name will

find you later, on beach road.....although you

don't want your ....whowever...employers....to know you were there...).

... but it is this reason countries/Western media use to justify not showing the horrors of war.

No. This is done to reduce the negative public reaction to the combat activity. Same reason the US gov't won't allow photos of returning caskets from the middle east.

The Thai example is different IMO. They do it for the ratings because people like to see sensational violence. Thais seem to have a particular fascination with real-life gore.

Hi,

"Define execution style?"

The girl on her knees begging for her life, the guy shooting her in the head point blank range.

"... but it is this reason countries/Western media use to justify not showing the horrors of war. "

No, I don't think so. Showing footage of fighting in a war is different than showing someones murder in my eyes. The latter is much more 'personal' (for lack of a better word) and serves no purpose. The showing of the actual murder is not news, but plain sensationalism.

Sanuk!

... but it is this reason countries/Western media use to justify not showing the horrors of war.

No. This is done to reduce the negative public reaction to the combat activity. Same reason the US gov't won't allow photos of returning caskets from the middle east.

The Thai example is different IMO. They do it for the ratings because people like to see sensational violence. Thais seem to have a particular fascination with real-life gore.

Yeah' date=' but they [b']state[/b] that the reason is to protect the families.

I think most people probably have a fairly good idea of what goes on during war, they just don't want to see it.

During 9/11 the news was showing footage of desperate people jumping from 100+ floors up. I'll never forget those images. They eventually stopped because people were complaining. Reality is harsh. People knew it was happening, but seeing it was too much.

Archived