Would you push the button?

teddy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget the money, forget that scenario - if I was asked to push a button that would remove mankind from the planet and return it to plants and animals that wouldn't fuck it up, I'd do it. In a heartbeat.

Yep - that includes you, me, Ms Crazypants and every other human on planet Earth - I absolutely cant see another way for the planet to heal itself. I'm not a greenie, but if you can see us fixing this one, please get your suggestions to the man in the big white house ASAP.

Each to their own KS, but isnt it that basic human selfishness that is digging the hole ever deeper ? I dont have aircon here, but I know that I will want it when I am back in Thailand in February, and I will want hot water in the shower, and electric lights, and food that has travelled a long way to get to my mouth, and toothpaste/deodorant/soap/condoms. I'll want to drink alcohol that was brewed in a huge plant running 24/7. and I'll sit on a bus to the deep south, then a plane to Chiang Mai and back, followed by another plane all the way back to Oz.

No - I'm not advocating sitting in a cabin with a candle waiting for the end of the world - I'm advocating Jonestown on a global scale. Insane ? Probably, but how much better would the world be 500 years after we all drank the Kool-Aid ? The fossil record shows that the planet can regenerate after mass extinctions - we've wiped out so many species already, why not the species that really needs to go ? From space, we must appear as little more than rampaging locusts. Bring on the comet.

Hi,

"that $10m could randomly kill somebody you don't want to die."

Pretty good odds that it won't though.

Would I push the button? I share chelseafan's sentiments. Hope I would be able to resist temptation, but not sure. Knowing in what country the person is that would die would make a big difference (mainly to determine if I have a chance of knowing this person or not).

Sanuk!

at this point for 10 milion they were going to die sooner or later anyway..sorry but now I would want them to die sooner..

whether professional or amateur! anybody who would push the button is a potential killer! just depends on the money offered!

Yes, an interesting thread. So the question is not "would you kill someone" the question is how much money would it take for you to kill someone. So what if it turned out to be someone you knew and cared about? Like your wife or kids or lover or whomever?

Archived