Embarressed by hookers.

sinsin2

In my early days in Thailand, coming over here from Aust where my Thai Wife an I lived, a salesman from the company I was working with took myself and my wife out for the day. He was talking to her in Thai and obviously the conversation wasn't going well. I asked my wife what did he say? and she replied that he asked me what bar you met me in (I actually met her in OZ)The next day when I saw him, I asked why would he say that when she didn't act or look like a ex bargirl, he replied that "Thai's see a Thai with farang and just automatically assume that she worked in the night entertainment industry" It worried the hell out of me than, now I couldn't give a toss what they think. But I have to say the only disapproving looks I get now are from Tourists, the women can't help but glare when they see me, (old and not an eye plesaing sight at all) with a women somewhat younger than my self and quite heavily pregnant.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they stare a simple "mong arai" will fix it.

hehehehehe good one but what does { what o"clock } do to make them stop lookin?????

perhaps a morng arai might work better!!!!!

cool I know what you mean iv said the same same before with some very blank looks comming back my way!!!!

mong= o'clock

morng= look wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Ultraviolet:

I think Goldenchild meant if she wore a tight red, slinky dress with a slit in the side. Red lipstick, fishnet stockings and stilletto heels. Smoked cigrettes in a cigrettes holder and spoke in a husky voice. Shit I am getting horny just thinking about it !
wink.gif" border="0

Has anyone ever seen one like that??
smile.gif" border="0

Yeah, I saw one like that, but he wasn't my type..." smile.gif" border="0

Likewise Pattaya 127, when watching the Thai TV with the actors etc looking more western than me and all driving Mercs I feel for the humble girl from Issan who is forced to accept her lot by her society which they do uncomplaining.

I have seen, and it must be said the Thai chinese treat Issan folks like absolute shit, more at home in a Dickens Novel.

It annoys me that most Thais seem to equate wealth with goodness, I'm not saying it is a bad thing but to respect someone unquestioningly because they drive a 500 sl is ridiculous.

Thats why a dont think I could live with a Thai girl because ultimately money is everything to them, and their family. frown.gif" border="0

Originally posted by Bakkabon:

[QB]If they stare a simple "mong arai" will fix it.

hehehehehe good one but what does { what o"clock } do to make them stop lookin?????

perhaps a morng arai might work better!!!!!

cool I know what you mean iv said the same same before with some very blank looks comming back my way!!!!

Hey Man,

Before you start giving out language lessons to people, you may want to brush up on your own linguistic skills.

The Thai spelling for "stare" consists of 3 letters and is pronounced, "m-aw-ng".

The Thai spelling for "o'clock" also has 3 letters, including a vowel, and is pronounced, "m-oh-ng".

I've heard both words spoken by native Thais 1000x over, so please don't correct me on this. I don't know where you get your version from; there simply is no soft r sound in the Thai alphabet if the r sound is in the middle of the word.

Bottom line - the guy was right all along. Don't add to his confusion by giving out misinformation.

Please don't take the above personally - I'm just defending the language, that's all.

I'll share one with everyone , two years ago , I was on a very short biz trip , two nights there in BKK , night one I had a very enjoyable 4-5 hour sanuk in the Honolulu Mp with what all of you might consider a "Stunner" , I invited to have dinner with me at my hotel the next night , food and fun , asked her be there at 7pm , my room phone rang at 6:55 ( yes she was prompt ) with her telling me she was in the lobby ,

since I had a very early flight out the next morning , I was planning a dinner in the hotel restaurant and back up to the room for some fun. I had on my jeans and a tee-shirt , nothing special for a quick bite , upon exiting the elevator , I saw her in the bar lounge waiting for me , but this was not the young lass who had given me so much pleasure the evening before , she was dressed in a very business like suit and shoes to match , she looked like she could have been the manager of the hotel.

Well , taking notice of her attire , I patted my back pocket as if I had forgotten my wallet , advised her that I did , and quickly retreated back to my room to change into a more suitable attire to match hers.

Upon my return , she noticed my change of attire and inquired why , well I asked her why she had come dressed like she was flying first class on a business trip , her reply , because I am having dinner in " the Marriott "

Needless to say , there was not a stare or comment directed to her or myself , if anything , this could have been a case of thai girl embarressed by farang.

BadaBing

Well, I have a pretty good story ( told to me by a Japanese friend/customer) about something that happened to one of his business partners:

Try to imagine it all, makes it pretty funny.

told in the second person:

His wife was always asking him to bring some nice clothing outfits from china when he was there on business. ( I need to add his wife and him in their mid 50's).

So one day he picked out a very fancy outfit in a clothing store. ( turns out it was some kind of traditional wear, like a copy of stuff you would see in a measuem from what I was told)

He brought it home, and his wife was thrilled with it.

some time later his wife went on a business trip with him ( back to china), on their "big night out on the town) she wore the outfit.

when they were going out of the hotel, his guide for the night ( he must have used him befor) said to him in japanese ( thinking his "compainion" was chinese and would not understand)

"why you get this old dried up girl, I can get you nice young girl like last time"?

Needless to say the rest of the evening( and probably much of his life ) were living hell from then on.

Bada,

Your story reminds me of my first barfine, a little over 4 years ago. It was in G-Spot, also my first time in a Thai go-go bar. The girl came out of the dressing room wearing an inexpensive but neat business suit and carrying one of those roughly 4 cm deep, zipppered canvas briefcases that seem to be so popular in Thailand.

This experience perhaps helps to explain my disagreement with those who stereotype bargirls. This woman (she was 28 years old) could be taken anyplace.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by BadaBing:

I'll share one with everyone , two years ago , I was on a very short biz trip , two nights there in BKK , night one I had a very enjoyable 4-5 hour sanuk in the Honolulu Mp with what all of you might consider a "Stunner" , I invited to have dinner with me at my hotel the next night ... upon exiting the elevator , I saw her in the bar lounge waiting for me , but this was not the young lass who had given me so much pleasure the evening before , she was dressed in a very business like suit and shoes to match , she looked like she could have been the manager of the hotel.

BadaBing

[ October 21, 2001: Message edited by: JEff ]

Archived