Who's the oldest member?

Lusty

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember about 10 or 11 years ago at Nana Plaza sat out the back of the courtyard area when it was still all open air beer bars watching a guy slowly make his way into rainbow I think it was in the back corner, complete with walking frame and small oxygen bottle and accompanied by a younger Thai guy. Came out about 15 minutes later minus the Thai guy but ably assisted by two very cute girls who accompanied him out to a waiting taxi and left with him. Not sure if he posts here though. He'd looked about 70+ then.

We all get there eventually,...

or not. When I start lamenting my age, I consider the alternative, and it doesn't seem so bad.

The poll shows a bell shaped curve and I am the north side of that curve. Assuming the poll is representative, this is - not surprisingly - a middle aged on-line community.

I suspect it is also a relatively affluent on-line community as well (not rich, but above the mean). Those who visit Thailand regularly need to earn enough to do so. This board and its members have been around for awhile, which means that it has members who have had the means to regularly visit for years.

I'm much older than I look.

I've been traveling to Thailand since before the 7-11 stores everywhere, before the highway, before Skytrain.

I'd like to hear from some of the GI veterans who visited Thailand for R&R - and what things were like back then.

:wave:

Archived