Reputable computer shops

Roger_Baby

Honor their warranty, in LOS...good luck.

At Pan Tip, I had bought items with a "lifetime warranty" and then when I go back a few months later for a warranty claim, the "lifetime warranty" wasn't really a "lifetime warranty"...all bullshit.

I have seen the same with cameras, PC power supplies, etc.

Even the big, professional looking IT shop on the top floor of Pan Tip and at the Seacon Center, both the same...the warranty seems to have evaporated.

Some cases you can contact the home office of the product, in the USA or elsewhere, and the home office can help you out. YMMV

This is the reason why I stick with HP computers in Thailand, they offer the best after sales service IMHO. About 3 years ago the screen buggered up on a laptop and was replace in 2 days free of charge and last Oct I needed a new motherboard on a laptop that was just less than 12 months old again 2 day turn around and FOC.

Most of the warranties are honored not by the shop but by the manufacturer. Simply find out where the local HP, ACER, ASUS, etc. service center is and take it there. The service center will also sell you an extended warranty which is exercised by the service center. If you live outside of BKK, your choice of computer might be guided by which service centers are convenient to your location. I have utilized warranty service with both ACER and HP, no problem. The HP service center even honored my US warranty.

Archived