Stanford 20/20 Cricket Compo

teddy

I like the white outfits in cricket. Very snazzy. The bat is pretty cool, but reminds me of the hazing I got pledging my frat.

You can keep the rest.

I'll concede baseball can be boring to the uninformed if you guys can concede the same for cricket is as well. Deal? :thumbup:

Stevo.

Yet again I find myself in agreement with you, I have to stop this or I really have mellowed out.

I grew up with cricket in my veins and never underdstood the fasination with baseball until I attended some games and was educated. Back in 2000-01 when I was in Houston I went to every home game at Home-run (Enron) Field watching the Astro's. I happened to get friendly with a guy who had the bar franchise behind home plate and was invited / had free pass to each hime game. His Grandfather was an ex Astro's player from the 20's - 30's, can't remember his real name we just all called him "Stats" due to his knowledge of the statistics and that old man taught me the finer things about the game on the ballpark.

I am well out of touch nowadays, its been a few years, but I must admit that since being shown the finer points of the game I do appreciate it a lot more and do take an intrest in the play offs and world series.

See even some of us Salford Man United Scum do have a little appreciation of other cultures.

I found that any thing has to be understood before it can be appreciated.

The family I stayed with in '04 when I was in London to watch an Arsenal game had a cricket match at the house. The trinidadian Brian Lara was on some unbelievable run thingy. Had well over a hundred and I think approached 200. Anyway, they were explaining the finer points of the game and I had some interest after it was explained how difficult it was to not only hit the ball but place it in strategic points of the field.

Still wouldn't watch another game if you paid me but I don't hate it quite as much. :)

A lot of the expats at the pub are married with children and have adopted an american basketball, baseball or football team because their children are playing it and they had to learn the sport in order to participate in their childnren's interest. I've met a few Americans at the pub who became fans of the sport from a stint in England or Europe.

Archived