Stanford 20/20 Cricket Compo

teddy

I heard about him only because I get Sky Sports here and suffer through the cricket stuff while I'm trying to get soccer news on my club.

Anyway, I didn't realize he was American. Also, not sure about this but his Sir Allen Stanford but wasn't knighted by the Queen from what I hear. Was he? If he wasn't how could did he get one?

As an American, he has no right to use the title "Sir". Turns out he is a Knight Commander of the "The Most Distinguished Order of the Nation" of Antigua and Barbuda. Does that come as a prize in Cracker Jacks?

Sez Wikipedia:

"A fifth-generation Texan who resides in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, he holds dual citizenship, having become a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda ten years ago. Stanford was the first American to be knighted by that Commonwealth nation and was presented with the honour by the then Governor-General of Antigua and Barbuda, Sir James B. Carlisle."

What are you talking about????

Cricket??? What is it??? I seem to remember it is a boring thing the Brits (and some commonwealth countries) do practice....

Don't remember if it has something to do with zoophilia or sleeping but surely boring it is.

:neener::neener:

someone from belgiam shouldn't have the nerve to be a critique on anything he deems boring!!!

Disagree Phil, surely people from Belgium, which is of course the worlds most boring country should be experts on all things boring.

Eeven though cricket is far from boring.

someone from belgiam shouldn't have the nerve to be a critique on anything he deems boring!!!

Disagree Phil' date=' surely people from Belgium, which is of course the worlds most boring country should be experts on all things boring.

Eeven though cricket is far from boring.

[/quote']

I thought scousers hated cricket.

Archived