Mathematically challenged cashier at Sisterz

robaus

>>If the manager is amiable as you say then you might mention this to him next tme you go in.

(It's not Ricky any more is it?)

.... i did mention the shotchanging to him and he thanked me and said he'd keep an eye on things in case a pattern developed, if other customers complained. No it's not Ricky any more. His name is Greg .. a friendly Canadian.

I too make a point of adding up my bin... or at least appearing to. Not necessary in Sisterz though cos they have prograssive computer totalled bins.

I haven't been in for the last few days... I have been sobriety challenged and never got as far as Walking Street. But I certainly will be visiting again, because Sisterz is a very good value friendly bar.

The hidden 500 baht note is certainly a good scam if that is what it is... perfect because it's the farang who makes the mistake. All the change is there.. up2u to find it. If not... korp khun krap for the generous tip you left in the bin folder.

:beer:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it is a set menu with set prices, it is not to difficult to do the maths in your own head.

My TG will only assist if I hand her the bill, otherwise I am quite comfortable to query a bill myself.

However, if we are at a Thai establishment, or an out of the way establishment, she always takes and checks the check bin first.

The Thai culture in general is just not an honest one.

Whether you are Thai or farang, if you show any vulnerability, Thais will take advantage of it... It is how their culture operates..Dog eat dog...

All we can do in defense is to become as knowledgable about whatever you are doing or else you will be short-changed, taken advantage of and yes always with smiles on their faces...

Thais get high marks for hospitality but low ones for sincerety, credability and honesty...

How can you really respect such tactics?

CB

To counter some of this pessimism, let me tell you of my experience.

LDSC2, CTroy's favourite joint I think.

Six months ago, I spent about half an hour there. Enjoyed myself, gave one cutie a drink, had a couple myself, backed off when she proved to be one of the top showgirls (I distrust top of the line girls). Decided to leave while she was on stage, close to the end of her pussy eating dance (or whatever it was). Called Checkbin, handed over a 1000 Bt note, went to have a leak, forgot my change and just left (No not drunk, early evening, just let down my guard and forgot).

Remembered half an hour later. Went back to the bar, met with the cashier, told my story. She smiled, pulled my bill out of a stack of bills, looked at the amount, and fished the change out of the 'tips' container, about 700 Bt, and handed it to me.

I took 500, put back the rest. I was impressed.

How can you really respect such tactics?

I really can't coming from the least corrupted culture in the world. During these last 4 months I've been here I have lost the last bit of respect to Thai people. I still have my good moments here but I think nothing cannot change the image I have that Thais in general are lying, cheating, racist bitches/bastards.

Sometimes you still meet honest people even in Thailand but at the moment I'm really questioning myself what am I doing here. The pussy has great power I guess and smiling people make me feel good. Finland is too freaking cold place to live during winter time but still I wonder can I live in a country you cannot trust a single native human being :(

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

Throw chips on a beach and the seagulls will flock.

Endless numbers of foreigners come to LOS, and then they throw their money around as if it is like confetti. They spend it on beer, girls and cheap shoddy goods, and the locals swarm and take all they can why it is on offer or the money is accessible to them - maybe because they think that foreigners don't really care about their money.

I am not saying the locals are not in the wrong but it always takes two to tango!

In Oz, I can pay $2,000 to $6,000 on a TV that in reality only costs, no more than $350.00 from some Taiwanese/Korean factory. So, you can get 'ripped off' just as much in your own country but because youâ??re more acclimatized to it, you tend to put up with it more.

Thus, when in LOS, enjoy that beer, welcome that smile and take your time to carefully select that 'lub' of your life but one should always smile back, be courtesy, act street wise and only fall in 'lub' if your in the position to do so.

I really can't coming from the least corrupted culture in the world. During these last 4 months I've been here I have lost the last bit of respect to Thai people. I still have my good moments here but I think nothing cannot change the image I have that Thais in general are lying, cheating, racist bitches/bastards.

Sometimes you still meet honest people even in Thailand but at the moment I'm really questioning myself what am I doing here. The pussy has great power I guess and smiling people make me feel good. Finland is too freaking cold place to live during winter time but still I wonder can I live in a country you cannot trust a single native human being :(

Agreed with all (except questioning myself why I am here), living here (very different from holiday) and watching the lying, thieving, lazy scum run their crap on a nonstop basis, on both foreigners and their fellow Thais, has made me lose respect for most Thais. Their acceptance of it isn't Buddhist, isn't respect for the feelings of others, isn't trying to make the world an easy place to live, it's just what you get when you allow monkeys and sheep to cross-fertilize.

Food, fucking & ground-based travel are good here. :stirthepo

Mini-rant after workers come to fix my loose bathroom faucet. All they needed to do was tighten the nut holding it down. They install new faucet, actually break the ceramic off the top of the sink and did a shitty repair job on it, spilled paint on the bath-mat in the bathroom and left the floor filthy. The topper was, after they left, I went to prepare some food and find that the halfbreeds had used my best knife for whothefuckknowswhat, broken the tip off and just replaced it in the knife rack without saying a word. And it only took 6 months of constant requests to have the faucet tightened, with always the same answer: "Do tomorrow"

Food, fucking & ground-based travel are good here. :stirthepo

To put it short, that's excactly how it is. Too bad I started a project that keeps me here few months every year. Well just have to get used to deal with all the scum, I'm lucky that I have a network of European people I can use dealing with my project so I'm not that depent on Thais. I really respect those people who can do succesful business with Thai people, how an earth can you do that? :content:

Well back to original topic, I guess I have to visit Sisterz tonight to see is the one cutie still there :hubba:

Archived