Mathematically challenged cashier at Sisterz

robaus

3 times now I have been shortchanged at Sisterz only to the tune of 20 baht each time and the problem quickly rectified when pointed out.. although not very politely on one occasion by a service girl who snatched the 20 baht tip without a sorry or thank you when the missing change arrived.. why did I bother tipping I wondered! The bar is busy during Happy Hour and the mistakes could be genuine.

Last night a new scam?? I paid with a 1,000 baht note... joked 'One million baht' to draw attention to the note to avoid problems later. When the change arrived there was a large pile of 100's and 20's and some coins but the 500 baht note was tucked deep inside the flap inside the bin folder out of sight. I thought I'd been short changed till the waitress pointed out the hidden 500 baht. Just wondered if in a more pissed state I might have missed it completely.

Could all be genuine accidents of course. simply be on your guard as you would in any bar, and check your change.

In every other respect the bar is excellent. Lots of nakedness, showtimes, and some very friendly dancers.:hubba: A very amiable manager too.

Bottled Singha, Chang, and Tiger only 47baht!! till 11pm, and thereafter only 75. Good value bar and well worth a look. :thumbup:

:beer:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My feeling is that short changing/adding extra bills to the bin is getting more common all around Thailand. Or then I'm just paying more attention to my money than before.

It has happend for me in various Pattaya and Bangkok bars and even in petrol station yesterday I heard the attendand saying to other that "fill only 60 baht and charge 80, he's farang".

Ofcourse you can see the total. Maybe the idiot thought farangs cannot even look at the pumps. The whole episode was so unreal I even didn't get mad.

It just got me thinking is that the majority of thais opinion in Koh Samui towards farangs :shifty:

I always try to add the numbers up on my checkbin but whenever I remember to do it, I've been too drunk to add past the 6th number.

There's a lot of minor ripoffs going around. My feeling about it now is that you'll have a better time in LOS if you don't take those 10 baht, 20 baht ripoffs too personally.

Never happened to me.

And I've hit every bar and gin joint in Pattaya and beyond (all 1,600 or them).

Of course, maybe it has happened and I didn't realize it.

I rarely drink alone, so there may be two drunks deciphering the tab. That does help.

I guess I just present myself as an honest looking person!

Therefore, no cheats !

Same thing happen to me on a regular basis at Sizzler in the Ngam Wong Won district, Bangkok. Usually, I only went there to take the TG out (they always want to test the size of your wallet). I guess that the wait staff feel, that you would be too embarrassed to raise the issue when you're with your TG - for fear of being labelled a cheap charlie.

However, it rather defeats the purpose, if they give you good service (smiling, courtesy etc) you do usually leave a small tip.

I guess, if you're American and use to a 'tipping system', a dollar or less than, would be an automatic gesture. Remember, to them, all of us whites look the same.

Archived