DOGS - BUYER BEWARE

Dumsoda

Appologies to those who own them. The poodles are dumb and little nippers (bite your ankles)

The fact is that poodles were originally bread as water retrievers. I think some of the bigger ones can still do that.

Yes, I am corrected. Poodles come in many sizes. My contact was only with the little ones.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that, poor kid.

We did first time puppy buy Udon Thani night market, impulse buying, a Bang Keaw.

Read about this difficult dog afterwards.

When adult he was a mad dog for sure.

Would not listen, would try to break out and kill chickens.

Chasing and biting his tail. In the end had to cut his tail.

One evening managed to escape and was killed by car passing by, car did not even blink or brake, think would be same if victim was a child.

Inbreeding must be the problem.

Then two weeks ago buying a fishing net for the fish pond wife and myself could not resist buying a new puppy: a Shih Tzu (paid 2800B, same as for Bang Keaw) did vet visit same day, got more vacines a few days ago, needs to be combed daily, wife has her occupation now. No more shits and pisses on our terrace :thumbup:

Hope we will have more luck this time.

sorry about the dog but its good u wrote about this as at least everyone will know from now on not to buy from the cruel jj park.

We got our pomeranians(3) from a registered dealer just outside bkk, nearly 3 yrs old and the only problem weve had with one of them is a thyroid thing.

Maybe u could adopt a dog from klongdogs.com

they are purely a charity & do a lot of good for all the strays in bkk.

all the best on the nxt purchase..

Sounds like parvovirus. Even with the very best treatment, most puppies will not survive when infected.

Sorry to hear your story DC

I concur. Parvo is extremely contagious. I got a puppy at the local SPCA. Two days later, it was sick. Took it to a vet. He said "parvo". Took the puppy back to exchange for another dog. No prob. The rest of the litter was put down.

I was told that it would not be a good idea to bring another dog into the area where the puppy had been, as the virus will stay "viral" for several weeks. Also, to use a chlorine solution to sterilize an area where the sick dog had been.

Got another puppy a couple of weeks later, figuring I'd sufficiently sterilized the area. A few days later, the $350 beagle was sick. Vet said he could take care of it, but would be expensive and no guarantees. Suggested home treatment...up several times every night for days forcing liquids. :( The dog survived. :dunno:

HH

The puppy mill problem, unfortunately, is also doing well in Pattaya. The large weekend market, on Thepprasit, has a few pet dealers offering everything from mice, hampsters, birds, and of course, dogs. There have been numerous reports of unwitting buyers getting a dog that soon dies.

These animals have been removed from the mother to soon; raised in an infected area laden with parvo and sometimes parasites.

Yet, the same dealers appear week after week selling their diseased animals.

Of course, the gov't does nothing. It sickens me!

Archived