Street food making me sick!

AloyMak

Reminds me of the large grocery store - food market - supermarket - in Chiang Mai I shopped.

Nice modern newer large store.

They had the meats in the back in the open refrigerated shelves - cellophane wraped - like one sees everywhere.

But in the aisles, were open top refridgeratored bins full of meats and poultry products. No cellophane wrappings. Just bins full of loose meats - pork - chicken. And the locals were all sticking their hands in these open bins pawing through all the meats/poultry to find the 'right' piece. How hygenic is that?

I laugh at the foreigners who use the thongs at Foodland to examine the pastry and then the locals come in, check each piece by hand till they find what they want.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is my fourth trip to LOS and I've never had this problem before. Now, three times after eating street food I've had to camp out near a toilet for the next 24 hours. Each time it's been on the corner of Soi 11 (where I ate, not where I poo'd). I admit it is pretty goofy to have eaten there the third time but that's what it took to convince me it was the food!

Anyone else have problems with the food from that corner?

Greenhorn.....

Drinking raw milk before visiting LOS should get the imune system into shape.

Just don't drink a lot of raw milk at first unless you want to experience diarehea, etc.

Some bovine milks {and their respective production process} are not healthy for you at all...

In general I get one serious case per year of food poisoning and a few minor ones, one or two, with food from all kind of places, street food, Thai nd Western restaurants, own fridge eating not so fresh products without realising, you name it.

Drinking raw milk before visiting LOS should get the imune system into shape.

Just don't drink a lot of raw milk at first unless you want to experience diarehea' date=' etc.[/quote']

Some bovine milks {and their respective production process} are not healthy for you at all...

If a person is raised on raw milk, their immune system will accept a larger range of food that might not be acceptable to others.

I was raised on raw milk. We found nothing wrong with it and were healthy. When I grew up and thought about it, I realized the cow's teats were normally resting in shit during the winter and all we did to get the shit off the tits was wash the tit in a dirty solution of iodine and water. What we were eating along with our milk was shit..... Not much different in hygiene as to some Thai street restaurants.

Archived