Street food making me sick!

AloyMak

This is my fourth trip to LOS and I've never had this problem before. Now, three times after eating street food I've had to camp out near a toilet for the next 24 hours. Each time it's been on the corner of Soi 11 (where I ate, not where I poo'd). I admit it is pretty goofy to have eaten there the third time but that's what it took to convince me it was the food!

Anyone else have problems with the food from that corner?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which Soi 11?

Do you have any idea how many Soi 11's there are in Bangkok itself let alone the whole of Thailand!

I thought there was only one Soi 11. It runs off this road I can't remember the name of but it sounds like "Suck On it".

I'm not a backpacker on a meagre budget so I don't eat street food but I have had belly ache from eating non street food.

Are you saying only poor people eat street food?! Heathen!

I have had street food on Khao San road though and I'll never do it again.

Which Soi 11?

Do you have any idea how many Soi 11's there are in Bangkok itself let alone the whole of Thailand!

I thought there was only one Soi 11. It runs off this road I can't remember the name of but it sounds like "Suck On it".

:beer:

TH

This is my fourth trip to LOS and I've never had this problem before. Now, three times after eating street food I've had to camp out near a toilet for the next 24 hours. Each time it's been on the corner of Soi 11 (where I ate, not where I poo'd). I admit it is pretty goofy to have eaten there the third time but that's what it took to convince me it was the food!

Anyone else have problems with the food from that corner?

Have you ever watched how the street vendors wash their dishes? Do you ever see them use hot water? Detergent?

Do you ever see street merchants wash their hands?

Have you ever noticed some Thais are predisposed with their nose? Especially when they use their finger(s) to pry out what ever they are digging for?

I'm not a backpacker on a meagre budget so I don't eat street food but I have had belly ache from eating non street food.

Are you saying only poor people eat street food?! Heathen!

Well, I don't know any poor people and I don't know any people who eat street food. :hmmm:

Anyway, why else would one eat SF other than due to budgetary restrictions? :dunno:

Archived