Limburg and area

khunsanuk

Hi,

I will be taking my wife to Holland again soon and we'll be staying in south of Holland, Limburg, for a week. Neither I nor my parents are familiar with the area and I'm looking for some tips of what to visit in the area.

Preferably we'd spend 1 day in Belgium, 1 in Germany and the rest in Limburg. What I would really like to do actually is take a trip starting in Limburg and driving through Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium.

Not sure how long such a trip would take and if it can be done in one day though; keeping in mind that we'd want to stop and visit stuff / eat as well.

Anyway, if anyone is familiar with the area, I'd appreciate suggestions.

Sanuk!

If I follow you correctly?

You plan to start from Limburg (Dutch one) then go through the (Belgian) Limburg or go via Nijmegen directly to Germany then come back through Belgium??

I am sorry to say but in the Belgian Limburg there is nothing really interesting to see...

How far in Germany do you want to go?

If you have only a few days:

Here is where I took the missus (we had one week to visit France-Belgium-Netherlands-Germany)

We started from Brussels, went to visit Brugge/Bruges during one day, stayed the night (beautiful town during the night) -> took the train to go to my hometown (which you can avoid, we spent two days there)

-> then the car to visit the Ardennes, Bastogne, Dinant (very beautiful small town)

-> Luxemburg (nothing to do, really, just stopped to eat)

Then took one day to visit Köln and one day at Aachen.

After that, went through the Ruhr and went to Nijmegen, spent 3 days in Holland, Amsterdam + Nijmegen.

Then back to Belgium and then Italy, Spain etc...but this is another story

KS: Could you be more specific about your planned itinerary?

I would say 2 days in Belgium, 2-3 days in Germany if you have the time otherwise one day is enough.

I am sorry to say but in the Belgian Limburg there is nothing really interesting to see...

*sight* I am sorry but if you have nothing to say, maybe better shut up from time to time ?

things to see in Limburg

I would suggest the world famous Bokrijk or even the centre of Hasselt or even Maasmechelen.

One can spend over 2 weeks In Limburg seeing new stuff every day !

BB

loving Limburg

BB: You start again with your bullshit?

It is obvious given KS "schedule" that he doesn't have two weeks to spend in small Belgium hence my comment

-> if you took the pain to read my post you would also realize I didn't advise him to visit: Brussels, Gent, Luik or any other place...

I have quite a few friends in the Limburg and I like Hasselt a lot but this is not a reason to have KS and his wife to spend one day there.

So I suggested him to visit two quite representative Belgian places/towns -> if for you Limburg or Brabant or pays de Herve are more worthy of a visit then all the best to you....

Your comment is as ridiculous as a French answering to someone who tells him "I have only 2-3 days to visit France" -> please come visit my small town in the least known French department...

You are as helpful as the Belgian tourism representatives who were at the international tourism fair in Spain....

So could you shut up and think twice before writting nonsense and of course as usual trying to insult me?

Hi,

Guys, behave!

We will be staying in a bungalow in southern Limburg (NL) close to Valkenburg and will be taking excursions from there.

Aachen seems interesting and we might end up going there for a day. Luik/Liege has been suggested as well.

Is Luxembourg worth the detour?

Sanuk!

Luxemburg no, you are better off spending one more day in Germany in Kôln.

Aachen is very nice.

Luik/Liège is not recommended if your schedule is tight (although the city has improved these last years)

It all depends on how many days you can really stay in a country and how much you want to see.

as I said, if you have two days to give to Belgium and you plan to leave everyday from Valkenburg by car, spend one day at the place you visit then go back to Valkenburg.

Belgium:

- one day: Brugge, find a nice restaurant for the evening then go back to Holland

- one day: Dinant + Bastogne: The other side of Belgium

Germany:

- one day: Aachen (especially if you use the higway Masstricht - Luik/Liège/Luttich - Aachen)

- one day Kôln

Luxembourg:

You can stop one hour if you include it with Bastogne.

Depending on your priorities too, if you like nature tourism then you are strongly advised to go for a walk in the Ardennes among the pine forrest.

I easily know more about Belgian tourism than quite a few people simply because I had to study it

masters or phd programme?

KS: i'd go south from dutch limburg to the hautes fagnes if you like fresh air...

lux is nice too, pretty and relaxing, with excellent food

Archived