EVA flyers -- Help Needed!

Neon Ninja

Howdy all,

I purchased some Evergreen deluxe class tickets to Bangkok back in January for my upcoming trip in May.

At the time, I noticed that they stated on their website that I had to have the card that I made the purchase on and present it to them. Well no problem I thought... actually, didn't give it much thought at all.... I've been using the card for years.

Well, I was informed by my bank yesterday that my debit card looks to have been compromised!

A few bizzare charges (some of them out of Malta?!).

So I'm going to have to get a new debit card number. :cussing:

I still have the original card, so I can "fulfill" EVA's requirements. But do they check the card beyond just physically verifying the number?

Something tells me that trying to get the card number I used changed at EVA's end is going to be a large goat-screw. :banghead:

Can anyone remember them asking for it? :question:

I don't recall anyone asking me for my card last time I flew EVA in 2006...

Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated!

-=/NN

I presume the card has already been charged and EVA has been paid. In that event, like stated above, just bring the old card along. You might want to put the correspondence from your bank in your carry-on just as back up. I've always presented my CC with passport, so don't know if they routinely request to see the CC.

HH

I've flown with EVA three or four times but I don't remember them asking for the card.

Cheers

I've had to use my card at the kiosks to obtain boarding pass. The kiosk reads the card and then I place my ticket/reservation number - then boarding pass is printed.

I don't ususally use the ticket counter so this rarely comes up for me. But in using the ticket counter some airlines do ask for credit card - as some sort of verification/authentication/ or whatnot.

Archived