Ex-teen beauty mired in crime

limbo

I smell a rat here, what went wrong? Didn't they want to pay enough? See,s she's good in getting herself in the picture for the wrong reasons in a very short time frame.

Ex-teen beauty mired in crime

By The Nation on Sunday

Published on March 29, 2009

The first runner-up of Miss Teen Thailand 2007 was arrested yesterday morning for allegedly attempting to bribe state officials to the tune of Bt300,000 to let her alleged drug-dealing boyfriend walk free.

The 20-year-old university student, Panthong "Nik" Khemthong, was arrested along with her boyfriend Chatchai Noppolkrang, 26 - who was named a major ya-ba dealer in Don Mueang area with a previous criminal record - in a police sting operation at 3.30am yesterday when they reportedly delivered the bribe to policemen.

This followed Friday night's arrest of Chatchai, wanted for selling ya-ba and Ecstasy pills since last May as well as a night-time property intrusion and assault since February 9 at a Lak Si cinema. A search of his Mini Cooper found two fake drivers' licences and a pistol.

Chatchai allegedly confessed to police that he had no ID card and used the drivers' licences in the name of Kampol Jorjong. He said he had bought the gun from fellow drug-dealers years ago. Chatchai then allegedly offered to pay Bt300,000 to the officials in exchange for his freedom. The officials played along, allowing him to get the money. An ensuing sting operation led to his re-arrest and that of his girlfriend Panthong.

The two were taken to Don Mueang police station, where police initially charged them with attempting to bribe state officials. Chatchai also faced charges of possessing and carrying a gun in public and using forged documents.

Panthong's name had previously been mentioned in crime news when a youngster shot her male friend dead on March 17 while her group was out clubbing in Chiang Mai.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I would tend to agree. From what I understand it is fairly common here to pay to have charges dropped (nice double standard, rich = no jail - poor = jail) so what went wrong?

I find it hard to believe they talked to the few honest cops in the country.

Sanuk!

Missus says the gossip crowd mentions the girl is a dirty stupid bitch who pissed too many people -> and that some "people with influence" wanted her to pay....

Missus doesn't believe this and me neither...but there is certainly something more to the story.

Maybe the cops arrested them to get a bigger bribe later just before it goes to court? -> so instead of a mere 300k -> they want the jackpot?

Anyway, I couldn't care less about a beauty queen who gets involved in drugs...what a bitch

TIT

:dunno:

Archived