Thai360 book store

khunsanuk

Let me know what you think of "Bangkok Kiss". I edited it - grammar corrections and some geography, such as putting Phuket on the right side of Thailand. It's a nice little tear jerker. Hope the changes got into the published book. S Tsow edited one for the same publisher, but only half the corrections made it in the finished volume.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< Any more? >>

Jack Reynolds, "Woman of Bangkok" - the original tale of a Farang taken to the cleaners by a BG (sort of)

Denis Segaller also had a third 'Thai Ways' book. I'll try to find the title. Unfortunately, when Denis retired and moved to his house in the sticks, he threw away all of his back columns from the 10 years he wrote his "Thai Ways" column. :(

Denis was a gem. He passed on a few years ago in his 90s. When I was a part-time sub at Student Weekly and also freelanced for the Bangkok Post, I used to stop to chat with Denis and often go to lunch with him. He is one Bangkok figure I really do miss.

Some other books by Denis Segaller:

"Thai Without Tears"

"Bilingual Phonetic Thai-English-Thai Dictionary"

http://www.dcothai.com/product_info.php?

products_id=318

http://openlibrary.org/a/OL940080A/Denis-Segaller

The cool thing about Burdett's books, you can pretty much read them all in one plane trip from the USA to LOS. I bought Bangkok 8 used from Amazon, and when it arrived it was the big hardcover edition, and I thought, maybe I want something else that is lighter for the flight. But I started reading it and I knew I had to take it. I was able to sell it near Kao San after I arrived in BKK because I finished it on the flight. Then I bought Bangkok Tatoo in the SIN airport for the trip home. While I read part of it waiting for the flight, I was able to finish it by the time I was back in the USA.

The last one, Bangkok Haunts, unfortunately, I was not taking a trip to LOS so I had to read it on the ground in USA.

I have read that he is working on one more, that it will have the unfinished business between the detective's boss and the military's drug enterprise that was mentioned in Tattoo.

I also have Hopkins "Thailand Confidential" and have read most of it. You can read a chapter here and there and not in order. For the lurkers out there who are getting ready for your first or second trips to LOS, it is a good read if you want a primer on what it's like.

Archived