What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Last Executioner [2014]

A Thai biopic...recalls Bangkok's Bang Kwang prisons last public rifle executioner before they switched to lethal injections. The brutality of the work whilst juggling that with family life and a love of music gives a satirical feel to an engaging story that is disjointed at times. Hard to find online but recently uploaded in full on YouTube!

How many movies a day do you watch Coss?

Sometimes none, but it's winter here and I often have a free day, like yesterday...

Revolt (2017) - The story of humankind's last stand against a cataclysmic alien invasion. In the war-ravaged African countryside, a U.S. soldier and a French foreign aid worker team up to survive the alien... IMDB. Not as feckless as these kind of movies generally are, worth a watch on a rainy day.

Hickok (2017) - Gunslinger becomes Sheriff, Luke Hemsworth is just too self congratulatory with his good looks, throws the movie off balance every time he walks into shot. If I was a girlie I'd watch it just for him. As I'm not I'll give it a 2 out of 5.

Pilgrimage (2017) - There's a rock, early christians have given a religious significance to it, so it gets its own jewel encrusted box and a cohort of Monks to keep it safe. Then they transport it across a medieval landscape and just about everyone dies, hacked to pieces by other medieval dickheads with swords and such. Quite well made, gore. And a reminder, if you needed one, as to why the concept of religion is flawed. Worth a watch.

Amelia Earhart - The Lost Evidence [2017]

A documentary as only the History Channel can make (i.e. at times biased) this is no different, with a one sided view about a photo others since say was taken much earlier suggesting the aviator is part of a Japanese prisoner of war cover-up. Comes across as a nice holiday in the Pacific islands for the presenters and does not seem to prove a thing so far. Maybe fodder for a long running TV series. Yawn.

Going In Style [2017]

This 90-minute revamp of the original ‘71 movie that feels like 3 hours, is a comedy crime caper of three octogenarians robbing a bank to make amends for their pension plan scam. It is only of interest by having a top leading cast who perhaps can be forgiven this self-indulgent fluff in their twilight years.

Watching some of the James Clavell books that were made in to movies.

Had seen Shogun some years ago.

OK movie but not the way things would have been in that era.

One would never thank the Shogun by saying "domo". Domo meaning thanks.

One would have said the more formal, polite, domo arigato at a minimum. Small

things like this make the movie phony.

Noble House

Three parts. Nice story and made in the 80's so some acting.

Tai Pan

This was to have happened before Noble House.

OK movie.

The Mummy (2017) - Tom Cruise, Russell Crowe, Annabelle Wallis, Sofia Boutella.

Whilst this is the usual genre Mummy movie, it is quite watchable. Even with the perfectly formed little scientologist doing his Mission Impossible dance moves. Why are all women shorter than Mr Cruise or do they stand him on a box?

Worth a watch for Russell Crowe's Jekyll and Hyde and Sofia Boutella who is yummy.