What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

>"The Martian". Very impressive work in some ways.

Yet totally messed up in others :)

For instance the atmosphere on Mars is so thin that apparently it would not be possible to have a storm as the one at the start of the movie.

There's at least one scene that gives you a view of the martian hills - completely criss-crossed and etched by goat-trails - Jordanian goats, I presume.

I'm about to move to Jordan, I'm sure at some point I'll get bored enough that I'll actually go visit some kind of tourism set-up "on location where Matt Damon filmed The Martian"...

Let's see, what else have I seen? Saw the Wolf of Wall Street again - there's some funny shit in there, great little scenes, but it's drunk on its own excess - hours of yelling and nonsense, and it's hard to give a fuck about the story line.

No Escape. Jeez, what a bad movie. Utterly pointless - how, when so many movies have been made on some version of this theme (escape from third world horror a la Killing Fields, Midnight Express, Year of Living Dangerously), do they manage to stumble so badly through this one? No plot, no context, just - oh fuck! run, crazy people want to kill us and speak Thai!

Brothel, opium den - still a bit more to go, let''s see what other cliche'd bits are included... Pierce Brosnan is doubtless the highlight - that guy is getting better with age, I think. Or maybe just in comparison to the film, he's looking relatively great.

Inherent Vice - kind of a Big Lebowski stoner deal movie, but with virtually none of the hooks that similar movies have had. Some fucking hot little Asians in there, though - points for that! And a visit to a whore house that brings to mind favorites ala Lolitas, Star of Light, etc... The general movie-going public would be shocked to think that there is a whore house with $11.95 blowjobs available and a Pussy Eaters Special - some board members will find it perfectly normal... I fell asleep somewhere near the end of this one, just couldn't care about the plot, which I couldn't be bothered to follow - and the Asian hunnies didn't make nearly as frequent appearances as needed to make it worthwhile for those moments alone...

Let's see, what else have I seen? Saw the Wolf of Wall Street again - there's some funny shit in there, great little scenes, but it's drunk on its own excess - hours of yelling and nonsense, and it's hard to give a fuck about the story line.

Viewed that one today.

Yes, a tad of excess.

But, in bits and pieces . .. . I have been in or personally viewed similar people/situations.

There is a whole different world out there that most do not see or comprehend !

dog.gif

A new series; 11.22.63

About JFK's assassination and how somebody from 2016 wants to prevent it with a kind of time machine. Three episodes in and I'm hooked.

Watched the first 4 episodes, this is good, I too am hooked.

Much much better than your average American drama with a time travel hook. This is very good acting, great story and the time travel is almost incidental, unimportant.

Keep an eye out for the clothes peg guy, you'll understand when you see him, great little performance for a bit part.