Violence in Pattaya!

Flashermac

IMHO this is a huge blow for the currently government, since the red shirts were able to show how weak the government. I presume that the other ASEAN leaders, who are mostly more or less dictators, won't understand why the government wasn't able to hold the red shirts back.

Our PM a dictator .. :shocked: ..i know what you mean :grinyes: ..and yes why can't the security people keep them at bay ....unbelievable..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just drove from Sri Racha area (close to Pattaya) to Bangkok; i had to pass 4 police check points; 2 on the motorway, the other two on side roads.

the checkpoints on the motorway were very amateurish organized. but of course the slowed down the traffic; at one near Chachoengsao waiting time was 30 minutes. They managed to take out a dozen taxis full of red shirts, which had to wait on the side of the road. not clear what the police had in mind with them.

there was heave traffic towards Bangkok as everybody wanted to get away from the state of emergency area; nearly no car in the opposite direction.

6000 police men and 1000 soldiers have been deployed to protect the Asian summit and 2000 more or less drunk farmer succeed to storm the convention place. The police have done nothing to stop them. The royal cliff resort is located at the end of Phratamnak hill. It should have been a breeze to seal it off from the mob. It is all just unbelievable.

"to prevent the Chinese prime minister' date=' Japanese prime minister and South Korean president from leaving for the summit talks with Asean leaders"

i thought there were just a couple of ministers there (foreign and economy ministers) but not the countries' leaders?

this is a shame for Thailand that they can't organize such a event without interruptions from some crazy demonstrators![/quote']

Our "leader" was due to land just hours ago ...now in Singapore fuel and homeward bound...

Will he still get Frequent Flyer miles to BKK? :easter:

Archived