New airport, same old crap

Frank_Black

Gotta say the new airport is pretty impressive. Landed and got through customs quickly and all went well until we arrived at the luggage carousel.

No luggage carts anywhere in sight. Way down at the far end of the building was a line of about 20 people, who were waiting for carts to come in from outside. Ok, no problem so I took my place in line.

That's where the fun began.

As soon as a few carts were pushed through the doors, the first few lucky people got their carts. Then, a growing mob of Thai's walking down to join the line saw the door open and went on a dead run to jump the line, grabbing the carts away from those civilized Thais and foreigners patiently waiting their turn. I didn't notice what color shirts they were wearing but there must have been a little left over anarchy on their minds. Bright new age airport but same old primitive behavior and lack of manners.

Didn't take long to realize after 4 years that I was back in Thailand again, despite the shiny new airport. Mai pen rai.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Thais don't wait in lines. The ones who do don't care when other Thais disregard the lines. It's a total waste of your time and energy to get upset about it...especially if you show those emotions in public. Then everyone just thinks you're an uncouth buffoon.

If you wanna spend time in Thailand, deal with it...or be glad you're not in China, where people are 1000 times ruder, haha.

Most Thais don't wait in lines. The ones who do don't care when other Thais disregard the lines. It's a total waste of your time and energy to get upset about it...especially if you show those emotions in public. Then everyone just thinks you're an uncouth buffoon.

If you wanna spend time in Thailand, deal with it...or be glad you're not in China, where people are 1000 times ruder, haha.

ARABS are the worst line cutters I have ever seen far worse than Thais :cussing: !!! I have seen them cut ahead of 50-60 people in the airport lines.

Middle East workers know what I'm talking about!! :banghead:

Archived