New ATM fees

shygye

Watch out for a 150 baht ATM fee when using a non-Thai ATM card.

All non-Thai credit/debit cards will be subject to 150 Baht surcharge on ATM withdrawals. Press release from the Thai Bankers' Association (all of the major Thai banks are members).

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems 'non consistant' this new fee which is good of course. I tried my singapore card & it also didn't seem to attract the fee (bkkbank,kasikorn,uob,scb), but a euro friend usuing european card said he got hit (and even warned up front) with the 150bt fee at bkkbank etc, so it's for real just not affecting all foreign cards (yet) :hmmm:

Well, looks like they, Bangkok Bank, tracked mine and now want 150baht. I used it the night before last and there was no charge. Used it last night at the Bangkok Bank ATM and a warning came up that a 150 baht surcharge would be made if I continued. Cunts! So I stopped the transaction and stepped to the Thai Farm bank ATM next and used that and was not charged (we'll see next time if this happens again with these bastards as well).

I really do hate these banks and their predatory fees. 150 baht is bullshit. How exactly do they justify all these fees, not just Thai banks, but all banks. Seems the convenience of a cashless society will make us all poorer and the banks richer. Cunts.

Archived