Looking for a new phone

khunsanuk

I've just got the Blackberry Storm on contract. It took a while to get used to it having had a series of Nokias over the years, but for Email its fantastic, battery life is so-so and I love the double-click system it employs. Camera is averge at 3.2mp but it does the job.

Similair to the I-Phone it has a tilt function which enables a full keyboard to be deployed on the touch sensitive screen.

Mind you I am not sure if you can get blackberrys in Thailand..

BB's are available in Thailand through AIS. The Storm will be available next month.

TH

I've just got the Blackberry Storm on contract. It took a while to get used to it having had a series of Nokias over the years' date=' but for Email its fantastic, battery life is so-so and I love the double-click system it employs. Camera is averge at 3.2mp but it does the job.

Similair to the I-Phone it has a tilt function which enables a full keyboard to be deployed on the touch sensitive screen.

Mind you I am not sure if you can get blackberrys in Thailand..

[/quote']

BB's are available in Thailand through AIS. The Storm will be available next month.

TH

The storm got bad reviews when it came out. Did the upgrade the firmware in the meantime?

I needed Email for work and it was a tossup between a BB and I-phone. The I-Phone wasn't supported by our network so I went for the BB. Took a bit of a gamble as to whether to go for a storm or bold, but the contract on the BB was amazing. 500mins+150 texts, free internet, free GPS and free email using the enterprise server. £25 a month.

Went to Belgium earlier in the month and was hammering the email service, for two days I got charged £1.80. Doubt I will get the email this cheap in LOS as its outside Europe.

Have no idea' date=' my Bold is just fine, don't see any reason to get Storm at this point..

TH[/quote']

The Bold is a completely different machine. The storm has touchscreen...

No shit sherlock, that is why I see no reason to change. :content:

TH

'email' may what blackberry use to charge a premium, but in fact email was the very first 'free & useful internet service' & nothing has changed although of course service providers, vendors etc would love to charge for it!

all what is needed is a browser (for web mail) or email client for imap,pop,exchange mail.

and of course an internet connection such as 3g, edge etc!

Archived