TG and fortune tellers ...

gobbledonk

OK, we've discussed the Thai belief in the mystical before, but this threw me in an email from Crazypants:

I've been thinking a lot so I went to see the fortune teller. I asked about us and she said we are compatible since you are more calm and I have quite a temper. So it's quite balancing between us. She also said that you love me.

All I can say is - keep on the right side of those fortune tellers : who knows what they tell TGs on days when they arent feeling quite so magnaminous toward the male of the species ! ;)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch out for the supposed witches, male and female, as well (I think maimoot = female witch and pawmoot = warlock/male witch? Something like this, phonetically). They tend to say things that could get a guy into trouble. They read the stars, broken eggs, all sorts of shit, and give their readings. The Thais believe in this stuff, many of them. Khmer witches are abundant around these parts. Black and white magic is a belief of many here. Spells and amulets and potions. It's a regular damned Harry Potter land up in Isaan.

Met a male witch just recently. He had some silly stuff to say, some of which could cause a hubby trouble. Heard a weird goings on when a pii was supposedly driven out of a house/land.

Phony buggers they are, all a scam of the silly superstitions many Thais believe in (and it isn't just the Lao/khmer Isaanites). The Thai-Chinese believe in it quite a bit as well. Taksin is ne more famous and supposedly educated man that does. There are many others.

A strange land to live in indeed at times.

I think a lot of the New Age crap has led to a resurgence of these voodoo spin doctors in Farangland too - I know quite a few Farang women who have had their Tarot read and spend the rest of their lives looking for signs ...

Still, given that I was indoctrinated into the mysteries of the Catholic church from birth, I guess I'm not really in a position to poke too much fun at the belief system of others. ;)

A wave of excitement has swept through a village in Phang Nga province over the discovery there of a giant egg of unknown origin.

Maitree Yaifai, of Village 2, Tambon Kheuk Khak in Takua Pa District, said he found the egg in a dry patch of grass not far from his house when he was out fishing.

The giant egg weighs about a kilogram and has a circumference of 16 inches.

On noticing the egg, Mr Maitree tapped it with his knife, but didnâ??t dare pick it up in case it was a giant snake egg. He was worried the mother snake would see him and come to protect its offspring, he said.

When he got back to his house, Mr Maitree consulted his neighbors. They, being somewhat less fearful than him, wanted to go and get the egg so they could find out what kind of animal it came from.

Earlier this month Mr Maitree had the egg on display outside his house for all to see. Villagers were flocking to the egg to light incense and pay their respects to it. Many were hoping it would bring them good fortune.

A wave of excitement has swept through a village in Phang Nga province over the discovery there of a giant egg of unknown origin.

Maitree Yaifai, of Village 2, Tambon Kheuk Khak in Takua Pa District, said he found the egg in a dry patch of grass not far from his house when he was out fishing.

The giant egg weighs about a kilogram and has a circumference of 16 inches.

On noticing the egg, Mr Maitree tapped it with his knife, but didnâ??t dare pick it up in case it was a giant snake egg. He was worried the mother snake would see him and come to protect its offspring, he said.

When he got back to his house, Mr Maitree consulted his neighbors. They, being somewhat less fearful than him, wanted to go and get the egg so they could find out what kind of animal it came from.

Earlier this month Mr Maitree had the egg on display outside his house for all to see. Villagers were flocking to the egg to light incense and pay their respects to it. Many were hoping it would bring them good fortune.

555555! Yeah, it is likely a Naga's egg! :)

Recently up here they have found/brought up a wooden carving of a cobra, said at first to have been carved by an old man 100 years ago or so. It was in a pond submerged and recently brought up and showcased. My wife and her sisters and friends (and Dumsoda's family as well) were there to see this supernatural thing brought back from 'history'. The story evolved though from what I saw. Now I was told it may be 1 thousand to 2 thousand' years old. Yeah, right. The chubby princess was supposed to be coming up here to see it and it was said it was going to be placed in a nature reserve nearby.

Strange stuff here all the time really. I feel like I live in a land Ripley would have not believed, or maybe he would. Farking hell. Never a dull moment really. 55555!

A couple of pics of this phenomenon. Looks a bit like Nessie doesn't it?

Sometimes I think these people are all on crack. :-)

Archived