YouTube: Naked Married Thai Woman MP with Lover?

Gadfly

An article in today's Bangkok Post says or suggests (depending upon how you read the article) that there is a video of a naked female Thai MP caught having adulterous sex with her lover on YouTube or somewhere on the internet. Is this right? From the Post:

The latest sexual scandal that splashed across the front pages of newspapers a week ago involved a married (still unnamed) female politician and her lover, with the evidence easily had for the price of a DVD. While the country watches the latest erotic tale unfold, what do politicians themselves think of the sexy scandals of their colleagues?

It is essentially on op-ed piece commenting on this video: "The exposure of a naked female politician on the internet is already bad enough for her. Picking it up as the talk of the town would only rub salt into the wound."

OK, maybe I have been living in a cave for the past several weeks (but finding enough time to post on Thailand's inane restrictions on property ownership), but I didn't even know there was such a video or anything else about this until reading the op-ed. Any discussion information about it here? I looked but couldn't find.

And, yes, I am curious. I don't just have a purient interest in this (although I will confess to that), but I also find the clash between "Thai values" and internet fascinating.

It comes in an op-ed piece commenting on this video:

OK, good, so I am not the only one here who did not know about or saw the video.

I don't think there would be an op-ed in the Bangkok Post if this video didn't exist, but I am surprised I didn't see an article about the video itself (instead of commentary on the video). Anyone recall seeing a story about this? Or do I have to actually buy a copy of Thai Rath to find out more?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I love the "concept" of Thai values. The reality is so different.

Yeah and so much to play with. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending upon the crowd), irony and even outright mockery simply doesn't register here most of the time.

Archived